CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 11 updated. Download Class 11 CBSE Home Science Syllabus. Know the topics and sub- topics in 11th Class CBSE Home Science Syllabus. Also, refer CBSE Home Science Practical Syllabus.
CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 11
Hello, Students! Are you searching for CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 11. Don’t waste your time in surfing Home Science Syllabus through all the websites. Here, we have already updated Class 11 CBSE 2017 Home Science Syllabus. Students can download Central Board of Secondary Education Home Science Syllabus in a Pdf format. Also, for free of cost. So, download CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 11 and start Exam Preparation as soon as possible.
Home Science Syllabus Class 11 CBSE @ cbseacademic.in
|I||Concept of Home Science and its Scope||25|
|II||Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part I)|
|III||Family, Community, and Resources||30|
|IV||Food, Nutrition, Health, and Fitness|
|V||Community Development and Extension (Part I)||15|
|VI||Fabric and Apparel|
NCERT Class 11 Home Science Syllabus – Concept of Home Science and its Scope
- Relevance in improving the quality of life.
- Five major areas.
- Evolution of the discipline of Home Science.
Syllabus of 11th Class Home Science – Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part I)
- Managing Emergencies: First aid to cuts, fractures, burns, bites (snake, dog, and insects), poisoning, heart attack, fainting, asthma, drowing.
- Special needs and care of disadvantaged and differently abled children: Socially Disadvantaged, Hearing Impaired, Orthopedically Impaired (affected/missing limb), Visually Impaired (partial and complete).
- Substitute care at home and outside:
- (a) by Grandparents, crèche/day care centers
- (b) integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) – objectives and functions.
- Protection from preventable disease:
- Symptoms, prevention, aftercare and incubation period of childhood diseases: Tuberculosis, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis ( whooping cough), Cholera, Polio, Measles, Diarrhoea and Chicken Pox.
- Immunization – (i) concept and types , (ii) breastfeeding (one of the ways to develop natural immunity), (iii) immunization chart.
- Introduction to different stages infancy, adolescence, early childhood, childhood, adulthood and old age.
- Early childhood (3-6 years): characteristics.
- Infancy (birth to 2 years): weight and body proportions, Physical – height, motor development Social and Emotional development, socialization.
Home Science NCERT Class 11 CBSE Syllabus – Family, Community, and Resources
- Time, energy & space management:
- Work simplifications: Techniques for energy and time management.
- Elements of art and principles of design.
- Use of colors, light, and accessories in space management; Prang color wheel, dimensions of colors, classes and color schemes.
- Need and ways of space management.
- Need & Procedure for managing time and energy.
- Decision making and its role in management.
- Steps in management: Planning, Controlling, Organizing, Implementing and Evaluation.
- Meaning and the need for management.
- Types, Management and Conservation of:
- Non-human or material resources: Money, goods, property.
- Human or Personal Resources: knowledge, skills, time, energy, aptitude.
- Community facilities / shared resources: Schools, water, parks, hospitals, roads, transport, electricity, library, fuel, and fodder. (Keeping community spaces clean and use of environment-friendly measures).
Class 11th Home Science Syllabus – Food, Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
- Preparation of food:
- Loss of nutrients, steps to minimize nutrient loss during preparation.
- Principles, Methods: Grilling, microwave cooking, solar cooking, boiling, baking, deep and shallow frying, pressure cooking, steaming.
- Methods of enhancing nutrient availability germination, fortification, and food combination, fermentation.
- Food Processing:
- Food processing methods – Dehydration, Freezing.
- Use of preservatives: Natural and chemical.
- Food spoilage & its reasons.
- Selection of foods: Fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry, spices, egg, meat, milk and milk products, cereals and pulses and convenience food. Storage of foods: Perishable, nonperishable, semi-perishable, and convenience food.
CBSE Syllabus for Home Science – Community Development and Extension (Part I)
- Effective communicative skills, Concept
- Method, and
- Media: Concept, Classification, Function.
- Respect for a girl child.
11th Class Home Science CBSE Syllabus – Fabric and Apparel
- Dyeing and Printing
- Methods of Dyeing and Printing: Plain Dyeing, tie, and dye,
- Batik printing, Block printing.
- Types and sources of Dyes-natural, synthetic.
- The importance of dyeing and printing.
- Fabric Finishes:
- Classification of finishes: Basic finishes, Functional Finishes.
- Meaning and importance.
- Fabric Construction:
- Weaving: Effect of weave on appearance, durability, and maintenance of garment.
- Concept of Looms.
- Basic Mechanism.
- Types of weaves – Plain (Basket, Rib), Satin, Twill, and Sateen weave. A brief mention of special weave: Pile and Jacquard.
- Introduction to Fibre Science:
- Classifications of fiber – Blends: terry cot, terry silk, terry wool.
- Manufactured: rayon, nylon, and polyester.
Class 11 Home Science Syllabus CBSE – Practical Syllabus
Students who have completed 10th Class and joined 11th are in search of CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 11. Those candidates can download Home Science Syllabus from here. Also, refer the scheme of the Exam for better preparation.
Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part I)
- Observation of any two children in different stages of age in neighborhood and report on their activities and behavior.
- Visit a child care center (Day Care/Crèche/Anganwadi/Nursery Schools or any other). Write a report on facilities & activities.
- Select a child with a Special needs in the neighborhood. Write a report about her/his special requirement related to – Physical Infrastructure needed, Education, Care.
Family and Community Resources
- Cleaning different surfaces & metals.
- Prepare a Day’s routine of self, and Listing activities & time spent in each.
- Critically evaluate for improvement for time and energy saving.
- Critically evaluate your residential space & suggest improvements.
- Using elements of art, principles of design, prepare Rangoli, Flower arrangement & one accessory for decoration.
Food, Nutrition, Health and Fitness
- Prepare one preserved product, also prepare suitable label for it.
- Prepare dishes involving the following: Fermentation, Germination, & Combination.
Fabric and Apparel
- Prepare five samples of tie and dye.
- Identification of various types of fibers using burning test.
- Collect samples of various fabrics and identify the following weaves: Plain, rib, basket, twill, satin and sateen.
- Prepare paper samples of following weaves: Plain, Rib, Basket, Twill, Satin & sateen.
Community Development and Extension
- Make a leaflet or a pamphlet using the original slogan for consumer education on any topic.
- Plan message for respect for the girl child, women’s empowerment, cleanliness of public spaces using different modes of communication for different focus groups.
Scheme for CBSE Home Science Practical Examination
|I||Human Development: Life Span Approach||6|
|II||Family and Community Resources||4|
|III||Food, Nutrition, Health, and Fitness-||5|
|IV||Fabric and Apparel||4|
|V||Community Development and Extension||4|
Class 11th CBSE Home Science Syllabus – Reference Books
- Human Ecology & Family Sciences – Part I, Class- XI, NCERT Publication.
- Human Ecology & Family Sciences – Part II, Class- XI, NCERT Publication.
Download CBSE 2017 Syllabus for Home Science Class XI
Here, we have updated direct links for CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 11. Candidates can just tap on the link and easily get the Home Science Syllabus. You can also download the Home Science Syllabus from official website i.e. cbseacademic.in.
Download Home Science Syllabus Class 11 CBSE Free Pdf Files