CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus updated. CBSE Class 9th Social Science Syllabus available. Download Social Science Class 9 Syllabus in Pdf format. Also, know the topics and sub – topics in Social Science Syllabus for Class 9. Check below sections for cbse.nic.in syllabus.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 SA 1 Social Science
Central Board of Secondary Education has updated CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus. Students studying 9th Class in CBSE affiliated schools can check Social Science Syllabus from here. Also, view all the topics and sub- topics in Class 9 Social Science Syllabus. Here, on the bottom of the page, we have updated direct links for downloading CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2017. Students who have the aim to score maximum marks can download CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Science.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus @ cbse.nic.in
|Units||Unit Name||1st Term||2nd Term|
|I||India & the Contemporary World – I||23||23|
|II||Contemporary India – I||23||23|
|III||Democratic Politics – I||22||22|
Class 9 CBSE Syllabus Social Science – 1. India and the Contemporary World – I
- The term I Sub-unit 1.1: Events & Processes:
- Two themes of the following: I. French Revolution:
(a) Ancient Regime & its crises.
(b) The social forces that led to the revolution.
(c) The different revolutionary groups &ideas of the time.
(d) The legacy.
II. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution:
(a)The crises of Tzarism.
(b) The nature of social movements b/w 1905 and 1917.
III. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler:
(a) Growth of social democracy.
(b) Crises in Germany.
(c) The ideology of Nazism.
(d) The impact of Nazism.
Map Work – Theme one only.
Term II Sub-unit 1.2: Livelihoods, Economies, & Societies:
IV. Forest Society & Colonialism:
(a) Relationship b/w forests and livelihoods.
(b) Changes in forest communities.
V. Pastoralists in the Modern World:
(a) Pastoralism as a way of life.
(b) Various types of pastoralism.
VI. Peasants and Farmers:
- Changes within rural economies in modern world.
Sub-unit 1.3: Culture, Everyday Life, & Politics:
VII. History and Sport: Cricket Story: The Emergence of cricket as an English Sport.
VIII. Clothing: Social History: (a) A short history of changes in clothing.
(b) Debates over clothing in colonial India.
(c) Swadeshi and the movement for Khadi.
Syllabus of Social Science for Class 9 CBSE – Contemporary India – I
- India – Size, and Location & Physical Features of India: Relief, structure, major physiographic unit.
- Drainage: Llakes and seas, Major rivers and tributaries, the role of rivers in the economy, pollution of rivers, measures to control river pollution.
- Climate: Factors influencing the climate.
- Natural Vegetation & Wild Life: Distribution as well as altitudinal variation, Vegetation types, need for conservation & various measures. Major species, need for conservation, their distribution, and various measures.
- Population: Size, Age-sex composition, Distribution, population change-migration as a determinant of population change.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 SA 2 Social Science – Democratic Politics – I
- Constitutional Design: How & why did India become a democracy? What are salient features of the Constitution? How was the Indian constitution framed? How is democracy being constantly designed & redesigned in India?
- Working Institutions: What is the role of the President of India, the Prime Minister & Council of Ministers? How is the country governed? What does Parliament do in our democracy? How do these relate to one another?
- Democratic Rights: What are the Fundamental Rights enjoyed by the citizen under the Indian constitution? Why do we need rights in a constitution? How does Judiciary protect the Fundamental Rights of the citizen? How is Independence of the judiciary ensured?
Syllabus of Class 9 CBSE Social Science 2017 – Economics
Term I – Social Science Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE
- People as Resource: Introduction of how people become a resource.
- Quality of human resource; the role of health & education; unemployment as a form of non – utilization of human resource;
- Socio – political implication in a simple way.
- Economic activities done by men, women.
- Unpaid work done by women.
Term II – CBSE Social Science Syllabus Class 9
- Food Security in India: Source of Foodgrains, Variety across nation, famines in the past, need for self-sufficiency, procurement of foodgrains, Role of government in food security, overflowing of granaries and people without food, public distribution system.
CBSE Class 9 Term 2 Social Science Syllabus – Disaster Management
Term I – Social Science Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE SA 2
- Introduction to Disaster Management.
- Common Hazards – Prevention and Mitigation.
Term II – CBSE Syllabus of Class 9 Social Science
- Community Based Disaster Management.
- Man made disasters – Nuclear, Biological and Chemical.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 of Social Science – Prescribed Books
- India and the Contemporary World – I History – Published by NCERT.
- Democratic Politics – I Published by NCERT.
- Contemporary India – Geography I – Published by NCERT.
- Economics – Published by NCERT.
- Together, Towards a Safer India – Part II, a textbook on Disaster Management for Class IX – Published by CBSE.
Class IX Social Science Syllabus
Students searching for CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus are on the correct page. Here, we have provided 9th Class Social Science Chapter Wise Weightage along with the Exam Syllabus. So, download CBSE Syllabus for academic session 2017 and start exam preparation. Interested candidates can keep in touch with us to know more latest updates.
Direct Link: Latest CBSE Social Science Syllabus for Class 9 Pdf