CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus updated. NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Science available. Download Science Class 9 Syllabus in Pdf format. Also, know CBSE Class 9 Science Practical Syllabus. Refer below sections for Class 9 Science Chapter Wise Marks.
Class 9 Science Syllabus CBSE | CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Science Pdf
CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus available. We are providing CBSE Class 9 Syllabus in Pdf format and also for free of cost. So, students who are class 9 can download 9th Class CBSE Science Syllabus and start exam preparation. Here, we have also provided CBSE Class 9 Syllabus for SA 1 & SA 2. Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 9th for better preparation. Students can also download CBSE Syllabus from the official website of Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. cbse.nic.in.
CBSE Science Syllabus for Class 9 – Course Structure Class IX
|II||Matter – Its nature and behaviour||29|
|III||Organisation in living world||18|
|IV||Motion, Force, and Work||30|
Syllabus Class 9 CBSE Science Term 1 – Food
- Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; use of fertilizers, manures; protection from pests and diseases; organic farming.
Science Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE SA 1 – Matter – Nature and behavior
- Definition of matter: solid, liquid and gas; characteristics – shape, volume, density; change of state-melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (Cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
- Nature of matter: Elements, compounds, and mixtures. Heterogeneous and homogeneous mixtures, colloids and suspensions.
The World of The Living
Syllabus of Science Class 9 CBSE – Organization in the living world
- Cell – Basic Unit of life: Cell as a basic unit of life; prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multicellular organisms; cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles; chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus; nucleus, chromosomes – basic structure, number. TISSUES, Organs, Organ System, Organism Structure, and functions of animal and plant tissues (four types in animals; meristematic and permanent tissues in plants).
Moving Things, People, and Ideas
CBSE 9 Class Science Syllabus – Motion, force, and work
- Motion: Distance and displacement, velocity; uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line; acceleration, distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion, equations of motion by the graphical method; elementary idea of uniform circular motion.
- Force and Newton’s laws: Force and motion, Newton’s laws of motion, the inertia of a body, inertia, and mass, momentum, force, and acceleration. Elementary idea of conservation of momentum, action and reaction forces.
- Gravitation: Gravitation; universal law of gravitation, the force of gravitation of the earth (gravity), the acceleration due to gravity; mass and weight; free fall.
Class 9 Science CBSE Syllabus – PRACTICALS
- To prepare stained temporary mounts of (a) onion peel and (b) human cheek cells and to record observations and draw their labeled diagrams.
- Identify parenchyma and sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped muscle fibers and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides and to draw their labeled diagrams.
- To separate the components of a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride (or camphor) by sublimation.
- Determine the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
- Study the third law of motion using two spring balances.
- To determine the mass percentage of water imbibed by raisins.
- Carry out the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes.
- a. Iron with copper sulphate solution in water.
- b. Burning of magnesium in air.
- c. Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid
- d. Heating of copper sulphate
- e. Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in water.
- To prepare
- a) a mixture
- b) a compound using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguish between these on the basis of i. appearance i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity ii. behaviour towards a magnet iii. behaviour towards carbon disulphide as a solvent. iv. effect of heat
- To prepare
- a) true solution of common salt, sugar, and alum.
- b) suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in the water.
- c) colloidal of starch in water and egg albumin in water and distinguish between these on the basis of z transparency z filtration criterion z stability.
- (a) the presence of starch in the given food sample.
- (b) the presence of the adulterant metal yellow in dal.
CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus @ cbse.nic.in
|I||Matter – Its nature and behaviour||17|
|II||Organisation in the living world||25|
|III||Motion, Force, and Work||36|
CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus SA 2 – Matter – Nature, and Behaviour
- Mole Concept: Relationship of the mole to the mass of the particles and numbers. Valency. The chemical formula of common compounds.
- Particle nature, basic units: Atoms and molecules. Law of constant proportions. Atomic and molecular masses.
- The structure of an atom: Electrons, protons, and neutrons; Isotopes and isobars.
The World of The Living
Science Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE SA 2 – Organization in the living world
- Health and diseases: Health and its failure. Infectious and Non-infectious diseases, their causes and manifestation. Diseases caused by microbes (Virus, Bacteria, and protozoans) and their prevention, Principles of treatment and prevention. Pulse polio programs.
- Biological Diversity: Diversity of plants and animals – basic issues in scientific naming, the basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories/groups, Major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, gymnosperms, and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates up to phyla and chordates up to classes).
Moving Things, People, and Ideas
Syllabus of Class 9 CBSE Science – Motion, force, and work
- Sound: Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, the speed of sound, a range of hearing in humans; ultrasound; a reflection of sound; echo and SONAR. A structure of the human ear (auditory aspect only).
- Work, energy, and power: Work done by a force, energy, power; kinetic and potential energy; the law of conservation of energy.
- Floatation: Thrust and pressure. Archimedes’ principle, buoyancy, elementary idea of relative density.
Science Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE – Our environment
- Bio-geo-chemical cycles in nature: water, carbon, oxygen, nitrogen.
- Physical resources: Air, Water, Soil. Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures, movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India. Air, water and soil pollution ( brief introduction). Holes in the ozone layer and the probable damages.
Class 9 CBSE Science Syllabus – PRACTICALS
- To verify laws of reflection of sound.
- To study the life cycle of the mosquito.
- Determine the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
- To study the external features of root, stem, leaf and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
- Establish the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in a. tap water b. strongly salty water, with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different solids.
- To observe and compare the pressure exerted by a solid iron cuboid on fine sand/ wheat flour while resting on its three different faces and to calculate the pressure exerted in the three different cases.
- Verify the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
- To determine the velocity of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky.
- To study the characteristic of spirogyra/Agaricus, Moss/Fern, Pinus ( either with male or female conre) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of groups they belong to.
- Observe and draw the given specimens-earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each specimen record a. one specific feature of its phylum b. one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
Download Syllabus of CBSE Class 9 Science
Students can download CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus from the direct links provided on this page. Candidates can just tap on the links and download NCERT Class 9 Syllabus. We suggest all the students to start their exam preparation by referring the CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus. Interested candidates can also visit our website regularly to know latest updates.
Direct Link: Class 9 CBSE Science Syllabus 2017 Pdf