CBSE Class 9 English Communicative Syllabus updated for 2017. English 9 Syllabus available. Download CBSE Syllabus Class 9 SA 1 & SA 2 English Communicative Syllabus in Pdf format. Know English Syllabus for Class 9 CBSE topics & Sub – topics for better preparation.
English Communicative Class 9 CBSE Syllabus
CBSE Class 9 English Communicative Syllabus updated by Central Board of Secondary Education. Students promoted to Class 9 can download Latest CBSE English Syllabus for 2017. Candidates can easily get CBSE Class 9 Syllabus by the direct links provided at the bottom of the page. Also, view Unit Wise Weightage in CBSE English Syllabus for Class 9.
CBSE Class 9 English Communicative Syllabus @ cbse.nic.in
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar||25|
|C||Literature Textbook & Extended Reading Text||25|
|D||Assessment of Speaking & Listening (ASL)||20|
Syllabus of CBSE Class 9 English Communicative – Reading Skills
- SA-I:Q.1: A Factual passage of 300-350 words with 8 very short answer type questions.
- Q.2: A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with 4 short answer type questions to test inference, evaluation, and analysis with 4 very short answer questions to test vocabulary.
- SA-II:Q.1a: A Factual passage 200-250 words with 5very short answer type questions with one question to test vocabulary.
- Q.1b: Literary passage (Prose only – Fiction / Non-fiction) of 200-250 words with 5 short answer type questions to test inference, evaluation & analysis with one question to test vocabulary.
- Q.2: Open text-based assessment (OTBA) with 1–2 long answer questions to test analytical and critical thinking skills.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English Communicative – Writing Skills with Grammar
- Q.3: Writing a diary or article in about 100-120 words based on visual /verbal cue/s, and the questions will be thematically based on MCB.
- Q.4: Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 150-200 words.
- Grammar syllabus:
- Subject – verb concord
- Use of passive voice.
- Q.5: Gap filling with one / two words to test Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions and Tenses.
- Q.6: Editing/Omission.
- Q.7: Sentences reordering /Sentence Transformation in context.
English Communicative Syllabus CBSE Class 9 – Literature Textbook & Extended Reading Text
- Q.8: 1 out of two extracts from prose or poetry or play for reference to context. Three very short answer questions.
- Q.9: 4 short answer type questions from the Literature Reader to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas.
- Q.10: 1 out of two long answer questions to assess how the values inherent in text have been brought out. Imagination, Creativity, and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts will be assessed.
- Q.11: One out of two very Long Answer Questions on the theme, inference plot involving interpretation, & character sketch, in about 150-200 words depends on prescribed extended reading text.
Download Class 9 English Communicative Syllabus CBSE
Here, we have provided CBSE Class 9 English Communicative Syllabus in Pdf format. Students studying Class 9 CBSE Syllabus can download English Communicative Syllabus for free of cost. Also, check Class 9 English Communicative Prescribed Books for better preparation.
CBSE English Communicative Class 9 Syllabus – Prescribed Books
- Main Couse Book,
- Literature Reader,
Direct Link: CBSE Class 9 English Syllabus Pdf