CBSE Board issued CBSE 12th Class Latest Sociology Syllabus. So, students can download CBSE Class 12 Sociology Syllabus in Pdf files. Also, know the topics and sub – topics in CBSE Class 12 Syllabus from the below sections.
CBSE Class 12 Sociology Syllabus 2017- 18
CBSE 12th Class Sociology 2018 Syllabus available here for free of cost. So, students can download and make effective use of CBSE Class 12 Sociology Syllabus. Also, know Sociology Syllabus Chapter Wise Weightage. Interested candidates can also download NCERT Class 12 Sociology Syllabus from the official website of CBSE i.e cbseacademic.in.
Students, are you searching for CBSE Class 12 Sociology Practical Syllabus? If yes you reached your right destination. In this page especially for the sake of students, we have updated Sociology Syllabus Class 12 CBSE Pdf from the official site. Therefore students who had an aim of scoring highest marks in Sociology can download CBSE 12 Sociology Syllabus here to make your preparation perfect. Go insight to know more details regarding CBSE Syllabus Class 12th Sociology.
NCERT Sociology Class 12 Syllabus @ cbseacademic.in
|A) Indian Society|
|Introducing Indian Society||Non-evaluative|
|The Demographic Structure of Indian Society||6|
|Social Institutions-Continuity and Change||6|
|Market as a Social Institution||6|
|Patterns of Social Inequality and Exclusion||6|
|Challenges of Cultural Diversity||8|
|Suggestions for Project Work||Non-evaluative|
|B) Change and Development in Indian Society|
|The Story of Indian Democracy||6|
|Change and Development in Industrial Society||6|
|Change and Development in Rural Society||6|
|Globalization and Social Change||6|
|Mass Media and Communications||6|
|Grand Total||80 Marks|
12th Class Sociology Syllabus 2017 – A) Indian Society
- Unit 1: Introducing Indian Society
- Nationalism, Colonialism, Class, and Community.
- Unit 2: The Demographic Structure of Indian Society
- Rural-Urban Linkages and Divisions, Theories and concepts in demography.
- Unit 3: Social Institutions-Continuity and Change
- Family and Kinship, the Caste System – Tribal community.
- Unit 4: Market as a Social Institution
- Globalization – Interlinking of Local, Regional Markets, National and International Markets, Sociological perspectives on markets and the economy.
- Unit 5: Patterns of Social Inequality and Exclusion
- The struggles of the Differently Abled,
- Caste Prejudice, Scheduled Castes, and Other Backward Classes
- Marginalization of Tribal Communities,
- The Struggle for Women’s Equality.
- Unit 6: The Challenges of Cultural Diversity
- State and Civil Society,
- Cultural communities and the nation state,
- The Nation state, religion-related issues, and identities,
- Problems of Communalism, Regionalism, and Casteism.
- Unit 7: Suggestions for Project Work
CBSE Sociology Syllabus Class 12 – B) Change & Development in Indian Society
- Unit 8: Cultural Change
- Social Reform Movements and Laws, Secularization, Modernization, Westernization, Sanskritisation.
- Unit 9: Structural Change
- Colonialism, Urbanization, and Industrialization.
- Unit 10: The Story of Indian Democracy
- Parties, Pressure Groups, and Democratic Politics,
- Panchayati Raj and the Challenges of Social Transformation, and
- The Constitution as an instrument of Social Change.
- Unit 11: Change and Development in Rural Society
- Globalization, Liberalization of Rural Society,
- Transformation in Rural Society,
- Green revolution and its social consequences,
- Land Reforms,
- Agrarian Structure – Caste & class in Rural India,
- Land Reforms, Green Revolution, and Emerging Agrarian society.
- Unit 12: Change and Development in Industrial Society
- Work Processes,
- From Planned Industrialization to Liberalization, and
- Getting a Job.
- Unit 13: Globalization and Social Change
- Dimensions of Globalization.
- Unit 14: Social Movements
- Environmental Movements,
- Women’s Movements in Independent India,
- Tribal Movements,
- Theories and Classification of Social Movements,
- Caste-Based Movements: Dalit Movement, Backward Castes, Trends in Upper Caste Responses, and
- Class-Based Movements: Workers, Peasants.
- Unit 15: Mass Media and Communications
- Changing Nature of Mass Media, and
- Types of Mass Media: Radio, Television and Print Media.
Sociology Syllabus of CBSE Class 12 – Prescribed Books
1. Social Change and Development in India, Class XII, published by NCERT.
2. Introducing Sociology, Class XI, Published by NCERT.
3. Indian Society, Class XII, Published by NCERT.
4. Understanding Society, Class XI, Published by NCERT
Download CBSE 2018 Sociology Syllabus for Class 12
Here, we have updated direct link for CBSE Class 12 Sociology Syllabus. Candidates can click on the link to download 12th Class Sociology Syllabus Chapter Wise. Also, visit our website cbseguide.co regularly to get more updates.