CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus 2017- 18 academic session uploaded. Know the unit- wise contents from NCC CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 in a systematic manner. Download CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for National Cadet Corps Pdf. View the marking scheme for each unit in CBSE Syllabus Class 12 NCC. Checkout cbse.nic.in for National Cadet Corps CBSE 12 Syllabus to get all your doubts clear.
National Cadet Corps CBSE Syllabus for Class 12
Recently Central Board of Secondary Education published the updated Class 12 CBSE Syllabus for National Cadet Corps. If you are the one who in search for NCC CBSE Net Syllabus, this is the useful information. We said the updated CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus. Why updated? This is the question currently raised in your mind. Every year CBSE Board changes or adds the topics from any units when compared to CBSE Net Syllabus 2016. So, that’s why we said it is the updated one. We are providing NCC CBSE Latest Syllabus for Class 12 in this web portal. By checking Class XII CBSE Syllabus you can get an idea about the topics that you’re going to learn in the entire academic session.
CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus Details @ cbse.nic.in
|Class XII CBSE Syllabus for NCC|
|Organization Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Name of the Subject||National Cadet Corps (NCC)|
|Class||12th Class/ Inter 2nd year|
And also you can get a clear view about the weightage of marks for each unit in CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus. One thing which is helpful for you. You can refer cbseacademic.in (another Central Board of Secondary Education official website).
National Cadet Corps CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2017- 18 – Course Structure of NCC
|CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus|
|Part 1: Common Subjects|
|S.NO||Unit/ List of Contents||Marks|
|1||National Integration and Awareness||5|
|4||Personality Development and Leadership||8|
|6||Social Awareness and Community Development||4|
|7||Health and Hygiene||4|
|8||Adventure Training and Obstacle Training||6|
|9||Environment Awareness and Conservation||2|
|Part 2- A: Special Subjects (Army)|
|3||Field Craft and Battle Craft||4|
|4||Introduction to information of Weapons and Equipment||3|
|2nd Part- B: Special Subjects (Navy)|
|2||The naval war fare||3|
|7||Fire Fighting, Flooding and Damage Control||2|
|8||Ship and Boat Modeling||2|
|2nd Part C: Special Subjects (Air Force)|
|1||General Service Knowledge||1|
|4||Principles of Flight||3|
Let us have a look on CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus from the upcoming section onwards.
Common Subjects – NCC CBSE Class 12 Syllabus
In this, you are going to know about the contents present in Common Subjects from Class XII CBSE Syllabus National Cadet Corps.
Unit 1: National Integration and Awareness
Aim: To inculcate sense of patriotism, secular values and motivate cadets to contribute towards nation building through national unity and social cohesion.
Scope: The concepts of national interests, objectives and integration, unity in diversity and cultural heritage of India.
- Freedom Struggle and Nationalist Movement in India
- National Interests, Objectives, Threats and Opportunities
- Unity in Diversity
- Problems/Challenges of National Integration
After learning this Unit, the student can able to:
- understand the importance of the socio-cultural fabric of the country and the spirit of unity in diversity.
- understanding of the unit to comprehend the current scenario in the country and appreciate the need for a revival of the spirit of oneness and brotherhood
- appreciate the spirit of oneness and understand what it takes to build a sovereign nation
- understanding on the topic to appreciate different freedom movements undertaken and the specific objective of each.
Unit 2: Drill – Class XII CBSE Syllabus for National Cadet Corps
Aim: To inculcate a sense of discipline, improve bearing, smartness, turnout and to develop the quality of immediate and implicit obedience of orders.
Scope: All important basic aspects of drill including ceremonial drill, drill with arms and words of command.
Drill without Arms
- Turning on the march and wheeling.
- Saluting on the march.
- Marking time, forward march and halt in quick time
- Changing step
- Formation of squad and squad drill.
Drill with Arms
- Getting on parade with rifle and dressing at the order.
- Dismissing and falling out.
- Gun salute, Salami Shashtra
- Squad drill
- Short/long trail from the order and vice-versa
- Examine arms
- Guard Mounting
- Guard of Honour
- Platoon/Company drill
After revising the Unit thoroughly, the student should able to:
- understand the importance of discipline and focus as an indispensable quality to be developed in a cadet.
- experience the pride and love for the motherland and above all develop a spirit of patriotism
- understand the responsibility of a cadet while holding the rifle and position of the arms while drills are performed in different categories.
- develop the grace and confidence to hold the rifle in the correct position while performing a drill.
- understand how to respond to a word command and follow the instructions in synchronization with the squad.
- develop team spirit and togetherness, i.e. to work with a voice command, with the entire unit, in unison.
3. Weapon Training – National Cadet Corps Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE
Aim: To give elementary knowledge about rifles
Scope: Basic Knowledge about rifle and firing
- The lying position, holding and aiming
- Trigger operation and firing a shot.
- Range precautions and safety precautions
- Theory of group and snap shooting.
- Short range firing, aiming and alteration of sight.
- understand the different positions in which the rifle can be operated; how firing is done; how the trigger is operated, how to handle the recoil.
- become alerted and careful as handling weapons will instill in them a sense of responsibility for their own and others safety.
Unit 4: Personality Development and Leadership
- Aim: To develop an all-around dynamic personality with adequate leadership traits to deal/contribute effectively in all walks of life.
- Scope: Basic subjects of leadership with emphasis on self-awareness, life/soft skills, time management and character building.
- Self-awareness – know yourself/insight.
- Interpersonal relationship and communication
- Communication skills: group discussions/ lectures
- Time management
- Effects of leadership with historical examples
- Interview skills
- Sociability: social skills
- Conflict motives – resolution
- Values/code of ethics
After getting an idea about CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus 4th Unit, the student should able to:
- understand the skills
- apply the values to their practical life
- Becoming responsible and confident in their abilities
- the values to their practical life; time management, communication skills; Interview skills.
Unit 5: Disaster Managment – CBSE Class XII Syllabus NCC
- Aim: To train cadets to assist civil administration in performance of selective duties during disasters.
- Scope: Basic information about civil defence organization and its duties, maintenance of essential services and providing assistance to civil administration in various types of emergencies during national disasters.
- Fire services and fire fighting
- Assistance during natural/ other calamities: Flood/cyclone earthquake/accident, etc.
- understand the technique for fire fighting and the elementary precautions to combat and tragedy.
- apply the training in practical situations.
6th Unit: Social Awareness and Community Development
- Aim: To teach cadets the values and skills involved in providing voluntary Social Service.
- Scope: Understanding of social service and its needs, knowledge about the weaker sections of our society and their requirements, about NGOs and contribution of youth towards social welfare.
- NGOs – Role and contribution
- Drug abuse and trafficking
- Social evils viz. dowry/female foeticide/child abuse and trafficking, etc
- Traffic control organization and anti-drunken driving.
- understand social services and its need in the development of the society.
- develop a strong value system and become responsible citizens.
- understand about the role of NGO’s in providing social service towards the development of society.
- appreciate the role of NGO and their selfless service to society.
- understand the causes and learn how to overcome these problems.
- develop a strong value system and become responsible citizens.
Unit 7: Health and Hygiene – CBSE 12th Syllabus for National Cadet Corps
Aim: To instill respect and responsibility towards personal health and hygiene.
Scope: Basic information of the human body, maintenance of health, hygiene, sanitation, disease and an elementary knowledge of first aid and nursing.
- Hygiene and sanitation (personal and food hygiene)
- Basics of home nursing and first aid in common medical emergencies.
- Wounds and fractures.
- understand the basics of personal hygiene.
- understand and practice the sanitation and hygiene.
- to understand the basics of first aid and how to provide the same in any such situation.
- apply the training in practical situations.
8th Unit: Adventure Training and Obstacle Training
Aim: To inculcate a sense of adventure and develop confidence, courage and determination.
Scope: To expose cadets to various adventure activities.
- Para sailing
- Rock climbing
- develop courage, self-confidence, determination, and control.
- imbibe a sense of adventure
- understands how to win in such a situation.
- able to perform the task during obstacle training.
Unit 9: Environment Awareness and Conservation
Aim: To sensitize the cadets on natural resource conservation and protection of the environment.
Scope: Basic understanding of the environment in general and waste management in particular, energy conservation, pollution control and wildlife conservation in particular.
- Waste management
- Pollution control: Water, air, noise and soil
- understand the importance of waste management and water conservation.
- apply the skills and techniques for waste management and rainwater harvesting.
- understand the causes for pollution and his role to prevent it as a responsible citizen.
- appreciate and apply the methods for keeping the pollution at bay.
Up to this, you have seen the topics from Common Subjects, which comes under CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus. Next, let us have a look on Specialized Subjects ( Army) from NCC CBSE 12 Class Syllabus.
CBSE National Cadet Corps Syllabus for Class 12 – Specialized Subjects (Army)
Unit 1: Armed Forces
Aim: To acquaint cadets with the Armed Forces
Scope: Introductory and general information about the Armed Forces.
- Task and role of fighting arms
- Modes of entry into army
- Honours and awards
Unit 2: Map Reading
Aim: To teach cadets elementary map reading.
Scope: Basic understanding of map sheets and map reading instruments and development of the capability to use them to carry out simple map reading.
- Relief, contours, and gradients
- Cardinal points and types of North
- Types of bearings and use of service protractor
- Setting a map, finding North and own position.
- Map to ground and ground to map.
Unit 3: Field Craft and Battle Craft
Aim: To teach cadets elementary field craft and battle craft.
Scope: Basic field craft and battle craft Judging distance observation, camouflage and concealment
- Field signals.
- Types of knots and lashings.
Unit 4: Introduction to Infantry Weapons and Equipment
Aim: To introduce cadets to Infantry Weapons
Scope: Introduction to characteristics and capabilities of Infantry Weapons.
- Characteristics of 5.56 INSAS rifle, ammunition, fire power, stripping, assembling and cleaning.
- Organization of infantry battalion.
Unit 5: Military History
Aim: To provide knowledge of renowned Military Generals, PVCs and Indo-Pak Wars.
Scope: Introduction to biographies, famous Indian battles and gallantry awards.
- Indian Army War Heroes
- Study of Indo-Pak wars of 1965, 1971 and Kargil.
- War movies
Unit 6: Communication – CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus
Aim: To introduce cadets to latest trends in the field of communications.
Scope: Types of communications and future trends.
- Characteristics of walkie – talkie.
- Basic RT procedure
After completing Specialized Subjects (Army), you are going to know about the Navy Part from CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus.
Specialized Subjects (Navy) – CBSE Syllabus Class 12 NCC
Unit 1: Naval Orientation and Service Subjects
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about Navy
Scope: Basic knowledge, history, current organization and role of different branches.
- Organization of Ships and onboard organization
- Naval customs and traditions.
- Modes of entry into the Indian Navy.
- Branches of Navy and their functions.
- Naval campaigns
Unit 2: Naval Warfare and its components
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about Naval Warfare.
Scope: Overview of fleet operations to include aviation, submarine operations and missiles.
- Introduction to anti-submarine warfare.
- Elementary knowledge of gunnery and missiles.
Unit 3: Naval Communication
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about Naval Communication.
Scope: To impart basic knowledge about naval communication organization, semaphore, wearing of flags.
- Introduction to Semaphore
- Phonetic Alphabets
- Radio Telephony Procedure
Unit 4: Navigation
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about navigation
Scope: Basic navigation tactics and methods and equipment used for navigation
- Navigation of ships – basic requirements
- Types of compass – gyro and magnetic, types of North
- Simple chart work
- Brief characteristics of its tides and its effects on ships
- Introduction to Astronomy
Unit 5: Seamanship – CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about navigation
Scope: Basic navigation tactics and methods.
- Types of anchor, purpose and holding ground.
Unit 6: Boat Work
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about boats and its parts and steering of boats.
Scope: Introduction to boats and its parts including steering of boats and boat pulling.
- Demonstrate rigging of a whaler and enterprise boat and parts of a sail.
- Instructions in enterprise class boat including elementary sailing rules.
- Types of power boats used in the navy.
Unit 7: Fire Fighting, flooding and damage control
Aim: Introduction to fire fighting, flooding and damage control.
Scope: Impart basic knowledge about fire fighting, flooding and damage control of a ship.
- Causes of damage, flooding and damage control.
Unit-8: Ship and boat modeling
Aim: To impart basic knowledge about ship modeling to cadets.
Scope: To impart basic knowledge about ship construction and boat modeling.
- Types of models.
- Ship model competition.
- Care and handling of power tools.
Unit-9: Swimming – CBSE 12 Class Syllabus NCC
Aim: Each cadet must be able to swim and float.
Scope: To achieve proficiency in swimming to minimum standards.
- Floating for 3 minutes and freestyle swimming for 50 meters.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for National Cadet Corps – Specialized Subjects (Air Force)
The last but not least part in Specialized Subjects is Air Force, which comes under CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus.
Unit 1: General Service Knowledge
Aim: To impart basic knowledge of IAF.
Scope: History and organization of IAF.
- Organization of Air Force
- Branches of Air Force
Unit-2: Air Campaigns
Aim: To introduce Air Campaigns of Air Force
Scope: An overview of important campaigns
- Indo-Pak War 1971
- OP Safed Sagar
Unit-3: Aircraft Recognition
Aim: To introduce various air crafts of the Air Force
Scope: Types, roles, variants of aircraft of the IAF
- Foreign Aircraft
Unit-4: Principles of Flight
Aim: To introduce principles of flight.
Scope: To impart knowledge about basic principles on which aviation is based
- Bernoulli’s theorem and Venturi Effect.
- Forces on an aircraft
- Lift and drag.
Aim: To introduce the concept of airmanship
Scope: Airfield layout, Rules of the Air, ATC Procedures and basics of aviation medicine.
- ATC/RT Procedure
- Aviation Medicine
Unit-6: Navigation – CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus
Aim: To give basic knowledge of Air Navigation
Scope: Use of maps and fundamentals of map reading from the air.
- The requirement of Navigation.
- Glossary of Arms
Unit 7: Meteorology
Aim: To emphasize the need for knowledge of meteorology in aviation.
Scope: Importance, various phenomena of weather and its effects on aviation.
- The importance of met in aviation.
Unit 8: Aero Engines
Aim: To impart basic knowledge of aero engines.
Scope: Types of aero engines and their types
- Types of Engines
- Piston Engines
- Jet Engines
- Turboprop Engines
Aim: To introduce basic structure of an aircraft
Scope: Introduction to various aircraft controls and landing gear.
- Main and Tail Plane
Unit 10: Instruments
Aim: To provide knowledge of aircraft instruments
Scope: Introduction to Radars.
Unit 11: Aero Modelling
Aim: To provide knowledge about aero-modelling
Scope: Materials used in different types of models
- Building /Flying of aero-models
NCC CBSE Class XII Syllabus
“Come Again to our web portal to know about CBSE Academic Syllabus for all subjects. Thank you for viewing our uploaded post- CBSE Class 12 National Cadet Corps Syllabus.”