CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus 2017- 18 uploaded. Go through Multimedia and Web Technology Class 12 CBSE Syllabus. Know the CBSE 12 Syllabus Multimedia & Web Tech Course Structure. Download Multimedia and Web Technology CBSE 12th Syllabus Pdf. Refer the below sections for CBSE XII Practical Syllabus of Multimedia and Web Technology.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus of Multimedia & Web Tech – Brief Information
Hi, friends!!! We have a useful news for the current Inter 2nd Year Students of the academic year 2K17- 18. Do you want to know that? The news is about Multimedia and Web Technology CBSE Syllabus for Class 12. It is updated by Central Board of Secondary Education, ie., (Code No. 067)/ Curriculum Tab @ cbseacademic.in. So, check the CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus in the upcoming sections. In the following secitons, you can get an idea about the topics that are going to learn in the entire academic sessions. Also, the weightage of marks for each Unit is avalaible. The CBSE syllabus is the main key for the Subjects. So, know about Multimedia & Web Tech Class 12 CBSE Syllabus.
CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Details @ cbse.nic.in
|Multimedia & Web Tech CBSE 12 Syllabus|
|Conducting Organization||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Name of the Subject||Multimedia and Web Technology|
At the end of this web page, you can get Multimedia & Web Tech CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12. Also, you can get CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2017- 18 of Multimedia and Web Technology @ cbse.nic.in
CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus Structure @ cbseacademic.in
|Multimedia & Web Tech CBSE Syllabus Class 12|
|Units||Name of the Units||Marks Awarded|
|1||Introduction to Database Management||05|
|2||Networking And Open Standards||10|
|3||Web Page Development||40|
|4||Multimedia and Authoring Tools||15|
Unit- Wise Contents in Multimedia and Web Technology Class 12 CBSE Syllabus
Right now, you can get an information regarding CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus. Check out Units and list of contents in those units from Multimedia & Web Technology Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE.
Unit 1: Introduction to Database Management – CBSE 12th Syllabus
- Introduction to database concepts and its need
- Database Terminology: Data, Record/Tuple, Table, Database, field/attribute
- The concept of Keys: Candidate Key, Primary Key, Alternate Key, and Foreign key.
- Examples of common Database Management System: MySQL, Ingres, Postgres, Oracle, DB2, MSSQL Server, Sybase etc.
- Database Tool:
- Introduction to MySQL: Using MySQL Creating Database and table, defining primary key, inserting records, displaying records using the SELECT command, WHERE clause, modifying records using UPDATE, deleting records.
Unit 2: Networking And Open Standards – CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus
- Computer Networking: Evolution of Networking: ARPANET, WWW, Internet.
- Network Topologies: Bus, Star, Tree.
- Wired Technologies: Twisted pair cable, coaxial cable, optical fiber.
- Wireless Technologies: Bluetooth, infrared, radio link, microwave link, radio link and satellite link.
- Network devices: MODEM, Hub, switch, repeater, gateway – and their functions.
- Identifying computers and users over a network: Basic concept of the domain name, MAC (Media Access Control) and IP Address, domain name resolution.
- Wireless/Mobile Communication: GSM, CDMA, GPRS, WLL, 3G, 4G.
- Internet Applications: SMS, Voice mail, e-Mail, Chat and Video Conferencing.
- Network Security Concepts: Cyber law, firewall, cookies, hackers, and crackers.
- Open Source Concepts: Proprietary and open source software(OSS), common FOSS/FLOSS examples (e.g. GNU/Linux, Firefox, OpenOffice, Linux, Mozilla web browser, Apache Server, MySQL, Postgres, Pango, Tomcat, PHP, Python).
Unit 3: Web Page Development
- Installation and Managing WEB-Server: IIS/XAMPP/LAMP.
- PHP: Concept of PHP, features of PHP, other equivalent tools – JSP, PHP
- Including PHP in web page.
- Data types: integer, double, string, boolean, null, array, object.
- Variables: Using variables in PHP
- Constants: Using constants in PHP, constant() function.
- Output data to Screen: echo and print statements.
- Arithmetic operators: +, – (Unary and Binary), *, /, %, **
- Assignment operators : =,+=,- =,*=,/=.%=
- String operator: . , .-
- Comparison operators: <, >, <=, >=, !=, ==,===.!===
- Incrementing/Decrementing operators:++,–
- Logical operators: !,&&,||;
- Array Operators: union(+),equality ==,inequality <>,!=
- Operator precedence
- Built In Functions
- String Manipulation Functions: strtoupper(), strtolower(), strlen(), ltrim(), substr(), rtrim(), trim() ,strrev(), strcasecmp(),strcmp(),stripslashes(), strchr(), strpos(), stripos().
- Time & Date Functions: Date(),getdate(),gettimeofday(),Mktime(),strtotime(), cal_days_in_ month()
- Arrays: Declaration and use of indexed arrays(1 dimensional), inbuilt functions sort(),rsort().
- Conditional statements: if, if else, if…elseif….else, switch
- Loops: while, do while, for, for each
- Unconditional exit from loop /switch using break.
- User Defined Functions: Defining a function, calling/invoking a function.
- Passing parameters/arguments, Pass by value, pass by reference, return value, default value.
- Global Variables – Superglobals
- Elements of $_SERVER : PHP_SELF, SERVER_NAME, HTTP_HOST, HTTP_USER_AGENT
- PHP Forms
- Form Handling, Form Validation, Form URL/E-mail.
- Text Files
- Opening a file, Reading a file, Writing a file, Closing a file.
- Other Features
- PHP File Upload, Cookies, Sessions (start, modify and destroy), Error Handling.
- Working on Database: (Using MySQLi Procedural API)Connecting with Databases, opening and closing databases, Inserting, retrieving, modifying/updation, deleting of records from tables.
Unit 4: Multimedia and Authoring Tools
- Movie File Formats: AVI, MPEG, SWF, MOV, DAT
- Embedding: Audio/Video on the web page.
- Multimedia Authoring Using Macromedia Flash: Making of the simple movie, setting properties, frame rate, dimensions, and background color.
- Movie Frames: Concept of frame, frame buffer, and frame rate, creating a key frame, Inserting text into the frame, inserting graphical elements into the frame, converting text/graphics to symbol, inserting symbol into the frame, setting symbol property (graphics/button/movie), inserting blank key frame, selecting all/specific frames of a layer, copying/pasting selected frames.
- Scene: Concept of scene, duplicate scene, add scene, delete scene, and navigating between scenes.
- Layers: Concept of layer, layer properties, layer name, show/hide/lock layers, viewing layer as outline, adding/deleting a layer.
- Types of Layer – normal/guide/mask
- Special Effects: Motion Tweening, Shape Tweening, Inserting Sound Layer
- Testing a Scene and Movie.
- Import/Export (Movie/Sound and other multimedia objects).
- Publishing a movie, changing publish settings, producing swf(flash movie), HTML page, gif image, jpeg image (*.jpg), png image, windows projector (*.exe), Macintosh projector (*.hqx), quick time (*.mov), real player (*.smil).
- Testing with Publish Preview
- Multimedia Application: Education (use of CAL tool), entertainment, edutainment, virtual reality, digital libraries, information kiosks, video on demand, video phone, video conferencing and telemedicine.
This is brief information about the Units and Sub- topics of CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus. Next, you let us have a look on CBSE Practical Syllabus for Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology.
CBSE Class XII Multimedia & Web Technology Practical Syllabus
Hands on Experience
A website based on a particular topic has to be to be developed by each student using various commands covered in HTML and PHP with at least 4 web pages.
A web page should be designed with following features:
- HTML basic tags (HTML/head/title/body/B/I/U/BR/HR)
- Conditional and control statements
- Form Handling, Form Validation, E-mail Validation.
- Merging layers /Moving and copying layers.
- Use of multimedia authoring (like Macromedia Flash).
The practical file should be made on a domain specific area (with supported documents and printouts):
- Make a simple web page containing almost all the tags of HTML and view that web page on the browser.
- Develop a home page for income tax department (simple and textual) and store it in the directory used for web services on the web-server.
- Enhance the home page by providing links to other sample pages (e.g. Income Tax Zone).
- Income Tax Detail form for an individual, Income Tax Notification, Income Tax News etc.).
- Embed Time and Date on the home page.
- Further, enhance the website by providing User Registration Page. Collect the user details and Display a new web page showing “Thanks For Registration”. Also, write appropriate functions to validate form inputs.
- For user log in attempts, maintain a visitor count.
- Give a login facility to the user with anonymous name and maintain the session till the user logs out.
- Change the login module of the web page and now connect it to the IncomeTax User database on the server. This is to be done to store the registration detail and facilitate login to the user.
- The login page is to be made in a way that it should also provide facility to change the password if user forget password.
- Store some of the created or edited sound files on the web-server and provide links to play it.
- Visit websites (State Govt./Local language newspaper) and get 5 different printouts in local language.
Projects based on Case Study
- Case Studies are to be divided into following parts.
Case Study Part 1 (collection, editing, and the creation of website resources):
- Embedding video and audio in web pages.
- An introduction to interactive walk-through.
- Embedding walk-through into web pages.
- Case Study Part 2 (development of web content with resources):
- Case studies covered in class XI with database support with Login, Online Registration, Booking and/or ordering facility.
During the final practical examination, oral questions will be asked from the syllabus covered and the project developed by the student(s).
Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Multimedia & Web Technology Pdf
If you are the one who is curious to know about the CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 for all subjects before the academic session starts. Then you need to download Multimedia & Web Tech CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Pdf. You can get the direct CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus Pdf link in the upcoming section.
“Thank you for checking CBSE Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology Syllabus in our web portal. Visit Again and Again for more CBSE Board Syllabus Multimedia and Web Technology Class XI- XII. And also, check all the other subjects of CBSE Syllabus Class 12.”