CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus added for 2017- 18 academic year students. Download CBSE Mass Media Studies Syllabus for Class 12 Pdf. View the Course Structure in CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Mass Media Studies. Know the weightage of marks from CBSE Class XI Syllabus Mass Media Studies. Also, refer Mass Media Studies CBSE Class 12 Syllabus in this article for your better understanding.
Mass Media Studies CBSE Class 12 Syllabus – CBSE 12th Syllabus
Are you in need of Class 12 CBSE Mass Media Studies Syllabus? If yes, you have reached the exact web page. You can collect the CBSE Class XII Mass Media Studies Syllabus Pdf at the end of the web page. Recently Central Board of Secondary Education added Mass Media Studies Class XII CBSE Syllabus. With the help of CBSE Board Exam Syllabus, you can get an idea about the topics that you going to learn in the entire academic sessions. And also with the help of Class 12 CBSE Net Syllabus Pdf, you can know the Unit- wise marking scheme. Want to know whether there are any changes/ topics added in the CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus 2017? If yes, keep CBSE Net Syllabus 2016 along with you and compare it with CBSE Latest Syllabus for Class 12 Mass Media Studies.
CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus Details @ cbse.nic.in
|CBSE Mass Media Studies Syllabus for Class 12|
|Board Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Subject Name||Mass Media Studies|
|Class||Inter 2nd Year/ Class 12|
Also, refer cbseacademic.in (another official website) to know about the CBSE Academic 2017- 18 Syllabus.
Mass Media Studies CBSE Class XII Syllabus – Course Structure
|1||Understanding the Language of the Medium||35|
|2||Evolution of the Media|
|3||Convergence of the Media||35|
|4||Selling/Marketing/Exhibiting a Product through Advertising|
|5||Graphic Design and Multimedia Applications||10|
|6||Production Skills (Project)||10|
|7||Portfolio Assessment (Project)||10|
Unit- Wise Contents – Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus CBSE
From here onwards, you’re going to learn about the Unit- Wise topics that covered in CBSE Board Exam Syllabus Mass Media Studies for Class XII.
Unit 1: Understanding The Language Of The Medium
Chapter 1: Media Literacy
- Introduction of Media Literacy
- Introduction to Mass Media
- Media Ownership
- Audience Theories
- Media Representation
- Media and Violence
Chapter II: Aspects of Film Language
- The concept of mise en scene
- Film Analysis
- Short film-fiction(5)
- Short film-nonfiction (5) or
- Feature film
- Film Analysis
Chapter III: Content Analysis of TV Programmes
- The concept of a soap opera – Daily soap, Weekly Soap
- Genres of Soap Opera, primary audience of each genre
- The Segmented nature of the audience.
- Gaze of the audience, concept of a flow, continuous interruption
- Culture of Film based programmes
- Culture of Music based programmes
- Educational TV, non-fiction on TV
Chapter IV: Content Analysis of Radio Programmes
- News – the format, the language, frequency
- Talks, magazine programmes-unidirectional nature, feedback with a time phase difference
- Dramas – the unique nature of radio plays
- Interactive programmes – phone in, live interaction, music, experiences, memories as content of these programmes.
Chapter V: Content Analysis of Newspapers and Periodicals
- The Macro composition of daily-various sections like the front page, edit page, sports page, business page.
- The Micro composition of a daily proportion of visual and text, language, highlighting.
- The Macro composition of a periodical – various sections like the cover page, cover story, features, columns, business page.
- The Micro composition of a periodical – proportion of visual and text, language, highlighting.
Chapter VI: Features of the Internet
- E–mails – Personal, Business Communication between Individuals and Organizations, Changing Characteristics of the same
- Websites – Educational sites, Entertainment sites, Information sites, Social networking sites, Business sites Blogs
- Web Advertising – The changing nature of communication and perception of interpersonal and social communication due to the various developing possibilities of the internet.
Unit 2: Evolution of the Media (Global) – CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus
Chapter I: The Evolution of International Cinema
- The Silent Era (1895 to 1927)
- Primitives and Pioneers in UK, France, and USA
- Establishment of Hollywood, D.W Griffith, and Slapstick comedy
- Expressionism in Germany
- Socialist Realism in USSR
- The Sound Era (1927) to the present day, transition from black and white to colours
- The British, American and European documentary movement.
- Genres in Hollywood.
Chapter II: The Evolution – International Television
- National and Transnational Networks
- Live and Recorded Transmission.
- Video and Cable Networks.
- Satellite Communication.
- Evolution of Fiction and Non-fiction Programmes.
- Television as a part of the Internet
Chapter III: The Evolution of Print Media
- Journalism as a 17th and 18th-century phenomenon.
- Role of Industrial Revolution in the spread of print media
- Local newspapers, Chain of newspapers.
- Some features of journalism in Europe and America.
- Online editions
Chapter IV: The Evolution of Radio
- Technically a combination of wireless and telegraph technology
- Bell, Marconi, Jagdish Chandra Bose, Tesla created the possibilities of transmission
- From Military use to the Civil one in the 1920s
- Establishment of BBC in 1922, also federal Commission in the USA
- News and commercial messages
- By 1940 a universal and round the clock companion
- 1955 onwards the invention of the transistor making radio portable
- National/Regional Network: AM, FM, Stereo Broadcast
- Radio as a part of web communication
Chapter V: Evolution of the Internet
- The internet becomes a reality in the 1970s
- Till 1991, the internet is limited to the military and industrial circles and is closed to others
- Development of www in 1991 opens up the internet
- The phenomenal growth after that
Unit 3: Convergence of the Media
Chapter I: Independence and Interconvertibility of Media
- Nature of audio-visual signals and messages
- Nature of media
- Print-text film-optical ima
- Television-electronic image
- Radio-wireless communication
- Accommodation of text, sound, image into the film.
- Accommodation of film into television.
- Internet as the meeting point of all the mass media
Chapter II: Convergence and the New Possibilities of Communication
- Earlier models of communication
- Mass communication model of a few transmitting to a vast number of receivers
- Gigantic organization
- Huge technical infrastructure
- Large scale revenue
- The changed paradigm due to the Internet
- Empowering an individual to post data on the Internet
- Information, message in one medium triggering off activity in the others
- Many sources of the same information
- Rapidity of opinion generation on a local, national and global scale
- The socio- political implications of the new information order.
Unit 4: Selling/ Marketing/ Exhibiting a Product through Advertising
The Case Study Approach
Chapter I: Profile of a Product
- Product Specifications
- Targeting buyers
Chapter II: The task of Advertising
- Promotion of product
- Build a brand identity
- Drive sales
- Increase the buzz
Chapter III: The Available Media
- Print-newspapers, magazines, brochures, fliers, posters
- OOH-billboards, kiosks, tradeshows events
- Broadcast advertising – Radio, TV, digital Internet + mobile
- In film’ promos
- Celebrity endorsements
- Cross promotions
- Games (Mobile and computer)
- Covert advertising
Chapter IV: Forms of Advertising
- Product Advertising
- Institutional Advertising (Corporate)
- Social Service – PSA
- Advocacy Advertising
- Comparative Advertising
- Cooperative Advertising
- Point of Purchase Advertising
- Direct Mail
- Informational Advertising
Unit 5: Graphic Design And Multimedia Application – CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus
Chapter I: Introduction to Multimedia
Chapter II: Text
III Chapter: Still in Age
Chapter IV: Video Application
Chapter V: Sound
VI Chapter: Creating a multimedia project
Unit 6: Production Skills
Project – Non-Fiction: Students will conceive, write, direct and edit a non-fiction film project of 3-5 minutes duration.
Unit–7: Portfolio Assessment
Special features of Assessment
The Portfolio will consist of a compilation of all written submissions over the duration of the course. It is the sum total of the creative work executed by the student over the year. The Portfolio will consist of all written submissions over the duration of the course. The assignments would include written project work and production output will be collected. The submission would include both the original and improved versions of assigned tasks reflective of gradual improvement.
CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus – Pdf Free Download
Did you want Latest Central Board of Secondary Education Syllabus for Class 12 Mass Media Studies? If yeah, you can get the CBSE 12 Syllabus Pdf for Mass Media Studies in the following sections. To know about the Mass Media Studies Subject Curriculum, without wasting the time download CBSE XII Class Mass Media Studies Syllabus.
Mass Media CBSE Class XII Syllabus
“To gather CBSE Syllabus Class 12 all subjects, keep viewing our website repeatedly. Let your friends also know about CBSE Class 12 Mass Media Studies Syllabus.”
Click here for Mass Media Class 12 CBSE Sample Papers for the exam preparation.