CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus available now. Know CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 12 Course Structure and Exam Pattern. Download Pdf of Class 12 CBSE Home Science Syllabus. Look into cbseacademic.in for CBSE Home Science Class 12 Syllabus Units and topics.
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2017- 18 | Class 12 Home Science CBSE Syllabus
Hello, Friends!!! We are back to share a major news for Intermediate Plus Two Students of the year 2017- 18. Yes, Central Board of Education recently uploaded Class 12 Home Science CBSE Syllabus. Students who have completed 1st year of Intermediate with good marks in search of Inter 2nd year Syllabus. So, for them CBSE Home Science Class 12 Syllabus available @ cbseacademic.in and in our web page.
Students, are you searching for CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Home Science? If yes, you reached a right place. Because on this page we have provided CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Home Science Pdf from the official site. So interested students can download CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Home Science to know all concepts details. In the following sections, you can get 12th CBSE Home Science Syllabus Pdf direct link.
Course Structure of CBSE Home Science Syllabus Class 12 @ www.cbseacademic.in
|Units||Topics||No. of marks in the exam||Total Marks|
|1||Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II)||30||100 Marks|
|2||Nutrition during Life Span|
|3||Money Management and Consumer Education||35|
|4||Apparel: Designing, Selection, and Care|
|5||Community Development and Extension (Part II)||5|
|6||Career Options after Home Science Education|
Units and Chapters of Home Science CBSE Syllabus Class 12
Here, in this section, we will give the information about the Unit wise contents/ chapter going to cover in the Intermediate 2nd Year or CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus.
Unit 1: Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II) | CBSE Home Science Class 12 Syllabus
- A. Adolescence (12- 18 years)
- Growth and Development- Domains and Principles.
- Meaning, characteristics and needs.
- Influences on identity formation.
- Biological and Physical changes- early and late matures. (Role of healthy and environment).
- By social, culture and media.
- Emotional changes.
- Cognitive Changes.
- Specific issues and Concerns
- Eating disorders- Causes, consequences and management- Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia.
- Substance Abuse
- Related to Sex
- Handling stress and peer pressure.
- B. Adulthood:
- Young and Middle Adulthood: Understanding and management of new responsibilities, career, marriage & family.
- Late Adulthood/Old age:
- Health and Wellness; Physical, Social, Emotional, financial, recreational needs.
- Care for elderly (at home and outside- old age home)
- Anger Management.
Unit II: Nutrition for Self, Family and Community | Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE Home Science
- Meal Planning: Meaning importance, principles and factors affecting meal planning; Nutritional needs, food preferences and modifications of diets in different age groups; infants, children, adolescence, adults, finally in elderly in special conditions; pregnancy and lactation.
- Use of basic food groups (ICMR) and serving size in meal planning.
- Factors influencing the selection of food: culture, family food practice, also in media, peer group, availability of foods, purchasing power, individual preference, and health.
- Food safety and quality:
- Safe food handling (personal, storage, kitchen and also in cooking and serving).
- Safety guards against food adulteration, definition & meaning of food adulteration as given by FSSAI (Food Safety & Standard Authority of India).
- Common addulterants presents in Cereals, pulses, milk and also in its products, fats, oils, sugar, jaggery, honey, spices and condiments.
- Effects of some of the adulterants present in the foods: such as Kesari dal, metanil yellow, argemone seeds.
- Therapeutic modification of normal diet with respect to consistency, frequency, food stuff, nutrients and finally in methods of cooking.
- Modification of diet according to common ailments; diarrhea, fever, jaundice, hypertension, diabetes, and constipation. Physiological changes, clinical symptoms, dietary requirements in each condition.
Unit III: Money Management and Consumer Education – Syllabus of Home Science Class 12 CBSE
- Family Income:
- Various Sources of family income:
- Money Income
- Real Income ( direct and indirect)
- Psychic Income
- Supplementing family income- need and ways; need and procedure for maintaining household account (daily, weekly and also monthly).
- Various Sources of family income:
- Savings and Investment:
- Meaning and importance of savings
- Basis for Selection of investment methods: risk, security, profit and tax saving.
- Ways/ methods of investment-
- Bank Schemes (saving, fixed, recurring);
- Post Office schemes (saving, recurring deposits, monthly income scheme, National Saving Certificate, Senior Citizen Scheme)
- Insurance schemes ( whole life, mediclaim)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF) also Provident Fund (PF).
- Consumer Protection and Education: Meaning, Consumer Protection Amendment Act (2011); Consumer Aids: Labels, Standardization marks, including HalL/ Wool/ Silk marks), leaflets Internet and last but not least Consumer Readressal Forum.
Unit IV- Apparel: Designing, Selection, and Care | CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus
- Application of elements of art and principles of design in designing apparel.
- Selection and purchase of fabrics- purpose, cost, season, quality, durability, ease of Maintainance and comfort.
- Selection of Apparel- factors influencing the selection of apparel- age, size, climate, occupation, figure, occasion, fashion and also drape cost and Workmanship.
- Care and Maintainance of Clothes:
- Cleansing Agents: Soaps and detergents (basic differences and utility);
- Stain Removal- General Principles of Stain Removal, stain removal of coffee, lipstick, ball pen, grease and also curry and blood.
- Storage of Clothes.
Unit V: Community Development and Extension (Part II) | Home Science Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE
- Water Safety: Safe Drinking water- the importance of potable water for good health, its qualities, simple methods of making water safe for drinking; boiling, filtering (traditional & modern technology), at last, the use of alum and chlorine.
- Salient features of income generating schemes
- DWCRA (Development of Woman and Children in Rural Area)
- MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005).
Unit VI: Career Options after Home Science Education
- Career Options of self and wage employment of various fields of CBSE Home Science Class 12 Syllabus.
Practical of Home Science Class 12 CBSE Syllabus
In the current section, we are going to discuss the final and important topic in CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for an easy understanding.
- Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II)
- Nutrition for Self, Family and Community
- Money Management and Consumer Education
- Apparel: Designing, Selection, and Care
- Community Development and Extension
For the above-mentioned Units the topics that covered in Practical Section of CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2017- 18 briefly given in the below Pdf Link for easy convenience of students.
Download CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Business Studies Pdf
In the present section, we are giving the Pdf File for Syllabus of Home Science Class 12 CBSE 2017. Download the below provided Pdf link and prepare well for the examination of the Intermediate 2nd year 2017-18.
“Finally, thank you for visiting our web page cbseguide.co and wait for us more upcoming information related CBSE Syllabus of all subjects from VI to XII Standards.”