CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus dispatched by Central Board of Secondary Education. Know Units and Topics wise Syllabus of Geography for Class 12 CBSE Board. CBSE Class 12 Geography Practical Syllabus Pdf Download available. Also, refer cbseacademic.in for Geography Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE.
CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus | CBSE Geography Syllabus for Class 12
Many Inter 1st year completed students are eagerly searching for Intermediate Second year Syllabus of 2017 mainly for Geography Syllabus. Central Board of Secondary Education has updated the CBSE Geography Syllabus for Class 12 for Intermediate plus two students of the educational year 2017- 18 @ www.cbseacademic.in. Not only the site of CBSE but also in our article we providing for the students.
Students who are looking for CBSE 12th Geography Syllabus don’t waste your time by browsing various sites. Because on this page you can find Class 12 Geography Syllabus CBSE Pdf link. Therefore Students of cbse.nic.in can download Syllabus of Geography for Class 12 CBSE Board pdf here for free of cost.
CBSE Class 12 Geography Practical Syllabus | Course Structure of Geography Syllabus @ cbseacademic.in
|Part- A: Fundamentals of Human Geography|
|1. Human Geography||30||35 marks|
|3. Human Activities|
|4. Transport, Communication, and Trade|
|5. Map Work||5|
|Part B- India: People and Economy|
|7. Human Settlements||35 marks|
|8. Resources and Development|
|9. Transport, Communication and International Trade|
|10. Geographical Perspective on selected issues and problems|
|Part C: Practical Work|
|1. Processing of Data and Thematic Mapping||15||30 marks|
|2. Field Study or Spatial Information Technology||10|
|3. Practical Record Book and Viva Voce||5|
CBSE Geography Syllabus for Class 12 – Units and Sub- Topics in Class 12 Geography
Right now, in our section, we are giving all the detailed information about the Units and topics of all those units which come under the CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus.
Part A: Fundamentals of Human Geography | Syllabus of Geography for Class 12 Board
- Unit- 1: Human Geography– Nature and Scope
- Unit 2: People
- Population- Distribution, Density and Growth.
- Population change- special patterns and structure; determinants of population change.
- Age- sex ration; rural- urban composition;
- Human Development- concept ; selected indicators; international comparisons.
Unit – 3: Human Activities
- Primary Activities- concept and changing trends; gathering, pastoral, mining, subsistence, agriculture, modern agriculture; people engaged in agricultural and allied activities- some examples from selected countries.
- Secondary Activities- concept; manufacturing costs: types- household, small scale, large scale; agro-based and mineral based industries; people engaged in secondary activities- some examples from selected countries.
- Tertiary Activities- Concept; trade, transport, and tourism; services; people engaged in tertiary activities- some examples from selected countries.
Unit- 4: Transport, Communication, and Trade
- Land Transport- roads, railways; trans- continental railways.
- Water Transport- inland waterways; major ocean routes.
- Air Transport- International Air Routes.
- Oil and Gas Pipelines
- Satellite Communication and Cyber Space- Importance & Usage for Geographical Information; use of GPS.
- Ocean: National Rights and International Treaties.
Unit- 5: Human Settlements
- Settlement types- rural and urban; morphology of cities; distribution of mega cities; problems of human settlements in developing countries.
Map work of Part A
Map work based on identifications and topics of 1 to 5 Units in the above section on the outline/ Physical/ Political Map of World.
Part B- India: People and Economy | CBSE Geography Syllabus for Class 12
In this section, we are giving the remaining Units and topics present in Part B (India: People and Economy) of CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus.
Unit 6: People
- Population: distribution, density, and growth; composition of the population- linguistic, religious; sex, rural- urban and occupational- Regional variations in the growth of population.
- Migration: International, national- causes and consequences.
- Human Development: Selected Indicators and regional patterns.
- Population, environment, and development.
Unit 7: Human Settlements
- Rural Settlements- types and distribution.
- Urban Settlements- types, distribution and functional classification.
Unit 8: Resources and Development
- Land Resources- general land use; agricultural land use, Geographical Conditions and distribution of major crops( Wheat, Rice, Tea, Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane and Rubber), agricultural development and problems.
- Water Resources- availability and utilization- irrigation, domestic, industrial and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods- rain water harvesting and watershed management.
- Mineral and Energy Resources- distribution of metallic( Iron Ore, Copper, Bauxite Manganese); Non- metallic (Mica, Salt) minerals; conventional (Coal, Petroleum, Natural Gas and Hydroelectricity).
- Planning in India- target group area planning (case study); the idea of sustainable development.
Unit 9: Transport, Communication, and International Trade
- Transport and Communication- roads, railways, waterways, and airways; oil and gas pipelines; Geographical information and communication networks.
- International trade- changing pattern of India’s foreign trade; sea ports and their hinterland and airports.
Unit 10: Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems
- Environmental pollution; urban- waste disposal.
- Urbanization, rural- urban migration; problems of slums.
- Land degradation.
Map work of Part B
Map Work based on locating and labeling of features on the above units on the outline of India.
Part C: Practical Work | CBSE Class 12 Graphical Practical Syllabus
This is the last and final part in the Geography Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE, which consists of three units which come under Part C (Practical Work).
Unit 1: Processing of Data and Thematic Mapping
- Types and Sources of data:: Primary, Secondary and other sources.
- Tabulating and processing of data; calculating of averages, measures of central tendency, deviation and rank correlation.
- Representation of data- construction of diagrams: bars, circles, and flow chart; thematic maps; construction of dot; choropleth and isopleth maps.
Unit 2: Field Study or Spatial Information Technology
- Field visit and study: map orientation, observation, and preparation of sketch; survey on any one of the local concerns; pollution, ground water changes, land use changes, poverty, energy issues, soil degradation, also impact of floods and droughts, the catchment area of the school, finally the Market survey.
- Spatial Information Technology- Introduction to GIS; Hardware requirement and software modules; data formats; raster and vector data, data input, editing, and topology building; data analysis; and finally overlay and buffer.
Download CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Geography- Geography Syllabus Pdf Download
For a better understanding of Intermediate 2nd year CBSE Geography Syllabus, we are providing Pdf for the CBSE Geography Syllabus for Class 12. Download the below link and check all the information regarding CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus.
Finally, thank you for visiting our website cbseguide.co and keep viewing for more updates about CBSE Class 12 Syllabus of all subjects.