CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus attached on this web page. All the students who are studying in Class XII in CBSE affiliated schools like KVS and other schools may download the CBSE Syllabus for Class 12th Fashion Studies. Also, we have uploaded direct links for downloading CBSE Board Syllabus Class XII Fashion Studies. Note down the topics and sub-topics in CBSE Syllabus of Class 12 Fashion Studies for better preparation. Refer below sections to know more details regarding CBSE 12th Class Syllabus.
CBSE Fashion Studies Syllabus for Class 12 Fashion Studies
Here is a good news for all CBSE Class XII Students. Recently, Central Board of Secondary Education has updated its web page with CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus. You can get CBSE Fashion Studies Syllabus for Class 12 from the CBSE Public Portal i.e. cbse.nic.in. To make your work easy, we have already updated CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus Pdf. Also, we have provided CBSE Class 12th Fashion Studies Chapter Wise Weightage. Students who want to gain the good marks in Board Exams can download Central Board of Secondary Education Class XII Fashion Studies Syllabus and begin Exam Preparation.
You can also include CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Fashion Studies in your Exam Preparation. By solving a plenty of CBSE Sample Papers, you perform well in Board Exams and can gain better marks.
12th CBSE Syllabus for Fashion Studies
|CBSE Academic Syllabus for Class 12 Fashion Studies|
|Board Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Class||12th Class/ Class XII|
|Subject Name||Fashion Studies|
|CBSE Public Portal||cbse.nic.in|
CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus @ cbse.nic.in
|Chapter-I History of Fashion||15|
|Chapter-II Basic pattern development||20+15 (Theory + Practical)|
|III Chapter Elements of Fashion||15|
|Chapter-IV Basics of garment making||20+15 (Theory + Practical)|
Class XII CBSE Syllabus for Fashion Studies – 1. History of Fashion
Objectives of Course
- To provide an overview of History of costume from ancient civilization to the present.
- Explain the socio-cultural factors influencing costume.
- To familiarize CBSE students with the terminology of the Costume history.
After completion of the Units, the students shall be able to:
- Explain the significance of studying Fashion History as a source of research for developing the new collections.
- Illustrate their understanding on the role of multiple factors influencing costume.
- Express their knowledge of History of Clothing and Costume.
- Use appropriate Terminology related to Fashion History.
- Express their understanding of effect of Industrial Revolution on clothing.
- Introduction to the history of fashion, sources of information.
- Factors affecting clothing – Protection, identification, ritualistic, adornment.
- Origin and development of costume – (i) Draped costume (ii) War costume – armor, techniques of construction, ancient war costumes, Oriental, uniforms during World Wars, and Indian War costumes.
- Industrial revolution : Mechanical inventions, influence on India.
- Evolution of 20 century Indian fashion and influence of films on fashion.
- Effect of World Wars on fashion.
Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE Fashion Studies – 2. Basic Pattern Development
Objectives of Course
- To explain the importance of skills for converting a design sketch into a three-dimensional form.
- Develop basic blocks for the bodice, sleeve, and skirt.
- To introduce students to the World of Fashion Designing through pattern development.
- To understand and implement the Concept & importance of test fits and to convert paper patterns into the muslin.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the concept of Fit and Balance.
- Develop Basic Blocks from measurement charts and body measurements.
- Demonstrate the Basic skills of Pattern Making.
- Test fit & correct fit of the Pattern.
- Develop patterns for simple Designs using basic blocks.
- Methods of measuring body and dress form.
- Tools of pattern making.
- Relationships of sizes and measurements.
- Common terms used in pattern development.
- Introduction to Pattern Development for womenswear: How patterns are made and developed, the importance of fit and balance and methods of achieving it.
- Measurement chart & test fitted on the dress form.
- Basic Bodice – How to develope it from Standard.
- How to develop basic sleeve block.
- Details such as darts, seam allowance, and notches grain lines etc.
- Details like Armholes, Necklines – V round, U round, and square.
- How to develop Basic skirt block with 1 dart or two darts, A-line and flared skir.
- Basics of the Collar Development – Basic Collars like peter pan & Chinese.
- Dart Manipulation.
Central Board of Secondary Education Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus – 3. Elements of Fashion
Objectives of the course
- Introduce students to the Basic segments in the fashion clothing.
- To teach Students about Fashion, fashion centers, Categories of clothing & trims.
- To sensitize students about various items of garments in each category i.e. menswear, women’s wear and children’s wear.
- Teach students the difference b/w high fashion and mass fashion garments.
- To distinguish between custom made & ready to wear garments.
- High Fashion, Ready to Wear, and the Mass produced garments.
- The Fashion Capitals.
- Understanding Fashion definition and overview.
- Meanswear – Introduction, Categories, Elements of the Design, Shirts, Pants and Shorts, Suits.
- Womenswear – Dresses, Blouses, Trousers, skirts, kameezes, saris & blouses.
- Indian Womenswear, Elements of the design & categories, in womenswear dresses, blouses or skirts, kameezes, trousers, saris & blouses.
- Kids wear – Introduction, garments for various ages – Newborn, Infants Toddlers, dungarees.
- Trims used for the fashion apparel
Syllabus of Class XII CBSE for Fashion Studies – 4. Basics of Garment Making
Objectives of the course
- To teach students to assemble a garment.
- Construct a bodice using different seams.
- To finish a neckline using piping & facing.
- To stitch a placket for bodice opening.
- Set a sleeve in the armhole
- Understanding Fabric Types & Selection of underlining, interfacing and interlining.
- Pattern methods, fabric for cutting.
- Assembly of bodice using different seams and appropriate finish for side seam and shoulder seams.
- Pattern layout and cutting of special fabrics.
- Different Types of plackets.
- Appropriate neckline finishes with Piping, Bias facing, and the shaped facing of stay stitching.
- Sleeve Attachment to the bodice by setting in sleeve into the armhole.
- Assembly of cuffs.
CBSE 2017-18 Syllabus for Class 12 Fashion Studies – Class – XII Practicals
Along with CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus for Theory, we have uploaded CBSE Class 12th Fashion Studies Syllabus for Practicals. You can know the topics in Practical Syllabus for Class 12 Fashion Studies from the below sections.
Syllabus for Fashion Studies of CBSE Class 12th-Chapter-I: History of Fashion
1.To identify the cultural context of body adornment and its continuation in contemporary society.
2. To use visual references to analyze the ancient draped garments.
3. To analyze the impact of Industrial Revolution during the British Raj in India.
4.Refer books, visit museums and the archives, and view war moves as sources of information to make projects on war clothing.
CBSE 12th Syllabus Fashion Studies- Chapter-II: Basic Pattern development
5.Develop and test fit a basic bodice.
6. Test fit bodices through dart manipulation.
7. Develop and test fit a basic skirt. 8. Develop style variations of skirts.
8. Develop style variations of skirts.
CBSE Board Syllabus for Class XII Fashion Studies- Elements of Fashion
9.Design products with self-generated prints inspired from nature. 10. To demonstrate
10. To demonstrate the creative exploration of patterns created by using food products for the dyeing process. 11. Develop print designs
11. Develop Print designs inspired from the animal skin by innovative use of materials.
12. Stencil printing technique to create design patterns or motifs.
12th Class Fashion Studies Syllabus CBSE Board – Chapter-IV: Basics of Garment Making
13.Stitch a sample of a continuous placket.
14. To Stitch a sample of a basic shirt placket.
15. Stitch a sample of the basic shirt placket with facing.
16. Stitch a sample each of Extended facing, Bias facing & Shaped facing.
17. To Stitch a sample of a Cuff.
Syllabus of Fashion Studies of Class 12th CBSE @ cbseacademic.in
On this website, we have provided Latest Syllabus of CBSE Class 12th Fashion Studies. Also, we have uploaded free downloading links for CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus. Students can download CBSE Syllabus for Class 12th Fashion Studies easily from the below provided link and start Exam Preparation.
Direct Link: Class XII Fashion Studies CBSE Syllabus 2017-18 pdf
We are happy to provide you some useful information regarding CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Syllabus. Interested students can stay tuned to cbseguide.co to get CBSE Syllabus for Class 12th Fashion Studies.