CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus recently updated by CBSE Board, New Delhi. Students preparing for CBSE Exams can download Engineering Graphics Syllabus for Class 12 in Pdf format. Visit below sections to know topics and sub – topics of 12th Engineering Graphics Syllabus.
Engineering Graphics Class 12 NCERT Syllabus 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education issued Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus. The Syllabus of CBSE Engineering Graphics 12th Class Syllabus is for the academic year of 2017 – 2018. Here, we have provided Eng Graphics Syllabus for Class 12 students in Pdf format. Also, for free of cost. Students who want to get the good marks can use this Engineering Graphics CBSE Syllabus in your Board Exam Preparation. Students can also visit the official website of CBSE i.e. www.cbse.in to know more details regarding CBSE Class 12 Engineering Syllabus.
CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus
|12th Class CBSE Syllabus for Engineering Graphics|
|Organization Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Class||12th Class/ Class XII|
|Subject Name||Engineering Graphics|
|CBSE Public Porta/ Official Website||cbseacademic.in|
CBSE Engineering Graphics Syllabus – www.cbse.nic.in
|I||Isometric Projections of Solids||25|
|A) Drawing of Machine Parts|
|B) Assembly Drawing and Dis – Assembly Drawings|
CBSE 2017 Eng Graphics Syllabus for Class 12
On this web page, we have provided CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Theory Syllabus as well as Practical Syllabus. Along with CBSE Syllabus, we have also provided weightage of the marks. So, students can prepare a timetable to cover all the topics in CBSE Engineering Graphics Syllabus.
12th Class CBSE Engineering Syllabus – Isometric Projection of Solids
- Construction of Isometric Scale showing main divisions of 10mm and smaller divisions of 1mm, also showing leading angles. Helping views such as triangles, pentagon, hexagon etc. can be drawn using scale 1:1. Hidden lines are not necessary for Isometric Projection.
- Isometric Projections of solids such as Regular Prism, Cubes, Pyramids, Cones, Sphere, Cylinder, Hemi – Sphere, Frustum of right regular pyramids, when they are cut by a plane parallel to the base. The axis of Solids must be either perpendicular to H.P. / VP or parallel to HP and VP both.
- The combination of two solids, Keeping the base parallel or perpendicular to H.P./V.P & placed centrally together, but in no case, common axis of both the solids should be given parallel to H.P.
1. In Isometric Projection, hidden lines are not necessary.
2. Questions on frustum will be asked in V.P. only.
Eng Graphics Syllabus of CBSE Class 12 – Machine Drawing
A) Drawing of Machine Parts
- Drawing to full-size scale with Instruments.
- Threads Introduction – Standard profiles of screw threads, Bolts, Nuts, Plain Washer, Combination of Nut and Bolt with or without the washer for assembling two parts together, Single riveted lap joint with standard dimensions.
- Free – hand sketches
- Conventional Representation of External & Internal Threads, Studs, Screws.
- Rivets Types – Snap Head, Pan head without a tapered neck, Flathead, and 600 countersunk flatheads.
- Types of Sunk-Keys
B) Assembly Drawing and Dis – Assembly Drawings
( Students can attempt either Assembly Drawings or Dis – Assembly Drawings)
1. In Assembly drawings, the only half sectional front view will be asked & the other half without half section. Side/End view or Top View/ Plan can be drawn without selection wherever applicable.
2. While in Dis – Assembly Drawings, two orthographic views ( one of the two views may be half in the section or full in section ) of any two parts.
3. a) In all sectional views, edges/ hidden lines are not to be shown.
b) While in full views, hidden lines/ edges can shown.
- Bearings – Open-Bearing, Footstep-Bearing, Bushed-Bearing, and Simple Plummer-Block.
- Rod-Joints – Cotter Joints for round rods, Knuckle Joints, Circular rods Cotter Joints, Cotter Joints for square rods.
- Pipe Joint, and Tie – Rod – Flange pipe joint, Turnbuckle.
- Pulleys – Single groove V-belt pulley, Solid cast Iron Pulley
- Couplings – Protected Flange Coupling, Unprotected Flange Coupling.
Engg Graphics CBSE Class 12 – Practicals Syllabus
Check below for CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus.
|Exam Type||Marks||Duration of Time||Periods|
|Practical Exam||30 Marks||3 Hours||72|
(I)To perform following jobs from the given views of Machine Block (One).
Value – Points:
1. Copy the given views – 1 Mark
2. Drawing missing views with hidden lines – 2 Marks
3. Sketching Isometric view without hidden edges – 5 Marks
4. To make Machine block of the above in three dimensions, drawn with any medium i.e. Thermo col, Soap-cake, Clay, Wax, Plasticine, Orchesis.
(II) “Computer-aided design” CAD – Project – 10 Marks
Project file to be submitted on simple solids (Prism, Pyramids, and Frustums of the equilateral triangle, square, pentagon, and hexagon) or machine blocks as prescribed in part-I by using the “Computer-aided design” CAD software.
(III) Sessional work relating to Machine blocks as prescribed. – 3 Marks
- Viva-voice based on part-I & part-II – 2 Marks
Download Engineering Graphics Syllabus 2017 CBSE Class 12
Students preparing for CBSE Board Exams are in search of CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus. So, for those candidates, we have provided direct links for downloading CBSE Engineering Graphics Syllabus Pdf. By just tapping on the links, candidates can download Eng Graphics Syllabus for Class 12. Interested candidates can be touch with us to know more latest updates.