CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus uploaded. View the Carnatic Music CBSE Syllabus for Class 12. Get CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for Vocal, Melodic & Percussion Instruments. Download Carnatic Music CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2017- 18 Pdf. Know the Unit- wise contents present in Carnatic ( Vocal, Music, Percussion ) Music Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE. Check Carnatic Music cbse.nic.in 12th Syllabus for marking scheme in the exam point of view. Refer this Syllabus of Music for Class 12 CBSE 2017-18 to know Carnatic Music schedule for the present academic year.
CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus – Vocal, Melodic, Percussion CBSE 12 Syllabus
Are you the one who keep interest in extra- curricular activities along with academics every year? And especially in Carnatic Music? Then here is excellent news for you. Central Board of Secondary Education issued Carnatic Music Syllabus for Inter 2nd Year Students. The Carnatic Music Syllabus of Class 12 available @ cbseacademic.in. From CBSE Class 12 Syllabus of Carnatic Music, you can get the information for Vocal, Melodic, Percussion Instruments. At the end of our article, you can get the Direct link to CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus. So, download that link and check out Carnatic Music CBSE Syllabus for Class 12. After that know the Course Design & weightage of marks from Class XII CBSE Syllabus.
Carnatic Music CBSE 12th Syllabus Details @ cbseacademic.in
|CBSE 12 Syllabus of Carnatic Music|
|Organization||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Name of the Subject||Carnatic Music|
Also, refer Public Portal of Central Board of Secondary Education for to know about the complete details regarding CBSE Class XII Academic Subjects for the scholastic year 2017-18. Get CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus pdf direct link.
Click here for Carnatic Music CBSE Sample Papers Class 12
Vocal Carnatic Music CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 – Course Structure @ cbseacademic.in
I. Theory Part
History and Theory of Indian Music
- The brief history of Carnatic music with special reference to Sangita Saramrita, Sangita Sampradaya Pradarsini, Svaramelakalanidhi, Raga Vibodham, Brihaddesi.
- Short life Sketch & selection
- Mysore Vasudevachar.
- A study of musical forms: Kriti, Padam, Javali, Tillana, Tiruppugazh, Ragamalika.
- Detailed study of Manodharma Sangita.
- Definition and the explanation of the following:-
- Janaka-Janya ragas, Bhashanga, Upanga, Varja, Vakra ragas, Gamakas, Arudi, Eduppu, Prabandham, Grama, Murchana, Jaati.
- Lakshanas of the Ragas prescribed for practical.
- Candidates should be able to write in the notation of the composition in the prescribed Ragas.
- A brief description of the concert instruments, their construction, and technique.
CBSE Vocal (Carnatic Music) Practical Syllabus for Class 12
II. Practical Activities
- Ragas prescribed are:
- Pantuvarali, Gaula, Varali, Todi, Nata Sri, Saveri, Mukhari, Kedaragaula, Purvikalyani, Mohanam, Keeravani, Ritigaula and Surati.
- Two varnam in Atatala in two degrees of speed.
- Alapana of the Ragas prescribed.
- The compositions in the authentic tradition at least one each of the prescribed Ragas covering musical forms, kritis, Padams, Javalis, Tillanas, and Raga–malikas.
- Niraval and Kalpana Svaras in Adi, Rupaka, Chapu Talas in the 2 degrees of speed.
- One Simple Pallavi (R.T.P) in adi or Khanda Triputa Tala with Trikalam only.
Vocal Instrument Practicals Distribution of Marks – cbseacademic.in
|CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus|
|1||For tuning the Tanpura and questions related to it||5|
|2||One Ata Tala Varnam in a 2-degree speed||06|
|3||A kriti as per the choice of a candidate with all Manodharma aspects||08|
|4||A kriti with Manodharma aspects as per the selection of the Examiners||10|
|5||One post-Pallavi Item||4|
|6||Testing the knowledge on prescribed Raga Lakshanas||5|
|7||Testing the knowledge of prescribed Talas||5|
|8||Testing the knowledge of various types of Musical forms learned||05|
|9||Examine the Svarajnanam of the candidate.||06|
|10||Presentation of the Pallavi learnt||6|
So, friends, these are Section wise topics from CBSE Music Syllabus Class 12 of Vocal Instrument. From (Vocal) Carnatic Music CBSE Class XII Practical Syllabus, 70 marks are going to cover in the exam. Where 30 marks are going to cover from Theory Part.
B. CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for Carnatic Music – Melodic Instrument Course Structure
- History and Theory of Indian Music
- A brief history of Carnatic Music with a particular reference to Sangita Saramrita and Sangita Sampradaya Pradarsini, Svaramelakalanidhi and Ragavibhodha, Brihaddesi.
- Short life sketch, contributions of following:
- Annamacharya, Swati tirunal, Kshetrajna, Maha Vaidyanatha Iyer, Patnam Subramanyalyer, ramnad srinivasa iyengar, Mysore Doraiswamy Iyengar, dwaram venkataswamy, naule karatkkudi brothers, Mysore Vasudevachart.
- The brief study of the musical form, Kriti, Tiruppugazh, Padam, Javali, and Tillana.
- Detailed study of the Manodharma Sangita.
- Definition & explanation for the below topics:
- Janaka, janya System of Ragas, Bhashanga, upanga, varja, Vakra Ragas, gamakas, Arudi, Eduppu, jati, prabandham, Grama, Murchchana, Jaati and Vishesha Prayogas.
- Description of the Ragas prescribed for practical.
- Candidates should able to write in notation the compositions in the Ragas prescribed.
- The candidate should be able to describe the construction of the instrument opted for along with the basic techniques of playing.
- The candidate must have an outline knowledge of the classification of Instruments in general, and a brief history of the instrument opted for.
30 Marks are going to cover the above topics in the Carnatic Music ( Melodic Instrument) Exam. So, check once all the sections mentioned on Melodic Carnatic Music CBSE Class XII Syllabus thoroughly before going to prepare well for the exam. This Music Syllabus CBSE Class 12th 2017-18 will help you for exam preparation.
CBSE Class XII Melodic Instrument Practical Syllabus
- Ragas Prescribed:
- Purvikalyani, Todi, Gowla, Sri Simhendra Madhyamam, Bhairavi, The Shanmukhapriya, Keeravani, Nata, Varali, Ritigaula, Saveri, and Surati.
- Varnams (at least four) in Aditala & one in a tala in a two degree of speed.
- Brief outline alapana of the Ragas prescribed.
- At least one authentic composition traditionally rendered in each of the prescribed Ragas, covering the musical forms Kirtanas, Kritis, the padams, Javalis, Tillanas, and Ragamalikas.
- Kalpana svaras in Adi, Rupaka, Chapu Talas in two degrees of speed.
- Tala prescribed Adi (Single & double kalai) Rupakam, Misrachapu, Khanda Chapu and Triputa Talas.
- Presentation of a simple pallavi in Adi/ Khanda Triputa.
Weightage of Marks – Melodic (Carnatic Music) CBSE Class 12 Practical Syllabus
|Melodic Carnatic Music CBSE Syllabus Class 12|
|1||Tuning of the candidate’s instrument& questions related for that||05|
|2||One Ata Tala Varnam in 2 degrees of Speed||06|
|3||A kriti as per choice of the candidate with all Manodharma asked||08|
|4||A kriti or two with Manodharma asked as per choice of examiners||10|
|5||The questions about unique features of respective instruments.||04|
|6||Testing the knowledge on Raga Lakshanas||05|
|7||Testing the knowledge of Talas||05|
|8||Testing the knowledge of Musical forms||05|
|9||Details regarding different techniques of play||06|
|10||Presentation of simple Pallavi||06|
So, finally let us have a look at the last and final section of CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus, i.e., Percussion Instrument Syllabus.
C. Percussion Instrument CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2017- 18 – Course Structure
A. Theory Part
History and Theory of Indian Music
- A brief history of Carnatic Music concerning Tala and percussion in Chaturdandi Prakashika, Sangita Ratnakara, Ragavibhodha, Svara Mela Nalanidhi.
- Short life sketch and contributions of following luminaries:
- Needemangalam Meenakshi Sundaram Pillai and Tanjore Vaidyanatha Iyer, Palghat Mani Iyer, Umaiyalpuram, Kodanda, Ramaiyer, Rudukdham Swaminatha Pillai, Palani, Vilvadri Iyer.
- Study of the musical form, Pallavi, Sollukattus, and Tillana, Padam, Javali.
- Definition& Explanation for following:
- Padagarbham, Arudi, Eduppu, Gati-bheda, Anuloma, Pratiloma, Tisram, Trikalam, Tekka, 108 Talas, Shadangas, Tiruppugazh Talas, TalaVadya ensemble.
- Candidates should have outline knowledge of classification of Percussion instruments in general, & a brief history of the instrument opted for.
- Technical terms:
- (Vilamba, Madhya, Druta), Atitam, Anagatam, Pharan, Kalapramanam, Konnakkol, Choru, Varu, Toppi.
- The candidate should possess knowledge of fundamental structure, technique, and playing of other percussion instruments like Morsing, Tabla, Chenda, Edakka and Gettu Vadhyam.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Carnatic Music (Percussion Instrument) theoretical marks is 3o. The marks for remaining two, i.e., Vocal Instrument, Percussion Instrument are also similar. If any doubt regarding the marking scheme you can check out CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus.
CBSE Class XII Practical Syllabus – Percussion Instrumental
B. Practical Activities
- Ability to construct Mohra, Korvai to Khanda jati Atatalam and Triputa tala.
- An exhibition of accompanying ability.
- Demonstration of the various types& usages of Gumki.
- Ability to play Tani Avartanam in Misra and Khanda Chapu Talas and Khanda Triputa Tala.
C. Project Work
Practicals Marking Scheme – Percussion Instrument (Carnatic Music) CBSE Guide Class 12
|CBSE 12th Syllabus of Carnatic Music|
|S.NO||Value Points||Marks in the Exam|
|1||Tuning of the instrument and questions regarding instrument||07|
|2||Taniavartanam of choice Tala||10|
|3||Tala of Examiner’s choice||10|
|4||Reciting the Sollukattu with Tala||08|
|5||Accompanying Vocal Music and Instrumental Music General||10|
|6||Accompanying Trikalam & other musical forms Pallavi and Tillana||10|
|7||Questions regarding laya and tala||05|
CBSE Class XII Carnatic Music Syllabus Pdf Links
Remember one thing, out of 100 marks, 70 marks are from CBSE Carnatic Music Practical Syllabus for Class 12. So, concentrate more on Practicals of Carnatic Music because you can score more marks from that only.
“Thank you for viewing our website and checking CBSE Class 12 Carnatic Music Syllabus. Let your friends also know about the CBSE Guide Class 12 for all subjects.”