CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus released by CBSE Board. Class 12 Syllabus of Biotech CBSE available here in Pdf format. So, students can download CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus and start preparing for CBSE Exam. Check below sections to know 12th Class CBSE Biotech Syllabus topics and subtopics.
CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus 2018
Students who are preparing for CBSE Board Exams are searching for Biotechnology Syllabus Class 12. So, for the sake of those candidates, we have provided CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus for free of cost. Also, we have uploaded CBSE Biotechnology NCERT Exam Weightage. Students who want to gain maximum marks in CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Examination 2017, must know the entire syllabus of Biotech subject. CBSE Question Papers are strictly based on Biotechnology Syllabus issued by CBSE Board. Therefore, we suggest all students participating in CBSE Exam, to synchronize their Preparation with Biotechnology Class 12 CBSE Syllabus. Students can also check official website of CBSE i.e. www.cbse.nic.in to know more details.
CBSE Net Syllabus 2018-19 for Biotechnology
|12th Class CBSE Syllabus for Biotechnology|
|Board Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Class||12th Class/ Class XII|
|CBSE Public Portal||cbse.nic.in|
Syllabus of Biotechnology CBSE Class 12 @ www.cbse.nic.in
|Units||Topic Name||No. of Periods||Marks|
|V||Protein and Gene Manipulation||100||40|
|VI||Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation||80||30|
- CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Theory Paper will be for 70 Marks.
- Duration of Time for Class 12 Biotechnology Exam will be 3 Hours.
- The Theory Paper consists of two different sections.
- Each section carries different weightage.
- CBSE Class 12 Biotech Practical Paper also for 3 Hours.
- Total Marks for CBSE Biotechnology Class 12 Exam is 100 Marks.
|S.No||Typology of Questions||Marks||Weightage|
|3.||Application Based and Inferential Type||14||20%|
- Total 28 Questions are asked in Biotechnology Class XII Theory Question Paper.
- There is no chapter wise weightage.
- So, care must be taken to cover all the topics.
CBSE 12th Class Biotech Syllabus 2018
We have provided Central Board of Secondary Education 12th Class Biology Syllabus. Biotechnology CBSE Syllabus consists of complete details about course structure. Candidates can check all the topics and sub – topics of Biotechnology NCERT Class 12th Syllabus on cbseguide.co for free of cost. We advise all the students to make a preparation timetable and cover each and every topic for CBSE Biotechnology 12th Class Exam. After referring the complete Syllabus, start solving CBSE Sample
After referring the complete Syllabus, start solving CBSE Sample Question Papers for Class 12 Biotechnology. Then, you can know your weak areas where you need to work a bit hard.
Biotechnology Syllabus for CBSE Class 12
Biotech NCERT CBSE Class 12 – Unit V: Protein and Gene Manipulation
Chapter 1 – Recombinant DNA Technology
- Tools of rDNA Technology,
- Introduction of Recombinant DNA into Host Cells,
- Marketing Recombinant DNA,
- Identification of Recombinants,
- Hybridization Techniques,
- DNA Library,
- (PCR) Polymerase Chain Reaction,
- Site-directed Mutagenesis, and
- DNA Sequencing.
Chapter 2 – Protein Structure and Engineering
- Introduction to World of Proteins,
- Structure-Function Relationship in Proteins,
- Purification of Proteins,
- 3-D Shape of Proteins,
- Characterization of Proteins,
- Products based on Proteins, and
- Protein Engineering.
Chapter 3 – Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Gene Prediction and Counting,
- Genome Sequencing Projects,
- Genome Similarity,
- Functional Genomics,
- SNPs and Comparative Genomics,
- Bioinformatics History,
- Sequences & Nomenclature,
- Analysis using Bioinformatics Tools, and
- Information Sources.
CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus – Unit VI: Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation
Chapter 1 – Microbial Culture and Applications
- Microbial Culture Techniques,
- Scale up of Microbial Process,
- Measurement and kinetics of Microbial growth,
- Isolation of Microbial Products,
- Applications of Microbial Culture Technology,
- Strain Isolation and Improvement, and
- Biosafety issues in Microbial Technology.
Chapter 2 – Plant Cell Culture and Applications
- Cell & Tissue Culture Techniques,
- Cell and Tissue Culture Applications,
- Transgenic Plants with Beneficial Traits,
- Gene Transfer Methods in Plants, and
- Biosafety in Plant Genetic Engineering.
Chapter 3 – Animal Cell Culture and Applications
- Characterisation of Cell lines,
- Animal Cell Culture Techniques,
- Scale-up of Animal Culture Process,
- Methods of Gene delivery into cells,
- Applications of Animal Cell Culture,
- Tissue Engineering, and
- Stem Cell Technology.
CBSE Syllabus 2017
- Sterilization Techniques,
- Bacterial Transformation using any plasmid,
- Restriction digestion of Plasmid DNA and its analysis by Gel Electrophoresis,
- Isolation of bacterial from curd and staining of bacterial,
- Preparation of bacterial growth medium,
- Cell viability assay,
- Determination of bacterial growth curve,
- Data retrieval and Database search by using internet site NCBI,
- Reading of DNA sequencing gel to arrive at the sequence,
- Download a DNA and protein sequence from internet, and
- Project Work
Download CBSE Class 12 CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus
The current web page provides the detailed information about 12th Class CBSE Biotech Syllabus. Also, we have provided direct links for downloading CBSE Biotechnology Class 12 Syllabus 2017. Students can just tap on links for Central Board of Secondary Education 12th Class Biotechnology Syllabus and begin Exam Preparation. Interested candidates can visit our website to know more latest updates.