CBSE Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus 2017 now available for the current academic year students. Download Agriculture Class 12 CBSE Syllabus Pdf for the better understanding. CBSE Practical Syllabus for Class 12 Agriculture available here. Check out cbse.nic.in the Course Structure of Agriculture along with marking scheme in each Unit.
Agriculture CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 2017 -18 | Agriculture CBSE Syllabus
Hi, Are you the one who have completed Inter 1st Year and going to enter into Plus Two of the current academic year? Then, I think you are willing to know about what are subjects going to present in the Inter 2nd year. For that, you need to know CBSE Class XII Syllabus. Now in our article, we are providing Agriculture Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE. The Syllabus consists of Units and sub-topics along with Practical Syllabus going to cover in the Agriculture Subject. Also, you can get Evaluation of Marks in each Unit in the exam point of view. Check out CBSE Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus in the following sections.
CBSE Class XII Agriculture Syllabus Details @ cbse.nic.in
|Agriculture Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE|
|Board Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Name of the Subject||Agriculture|
|Class||12th Class/ Inter 2nd year|
CBSE Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus Structure @ cbseacademic.in
|CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Agriculture|
|Sections||List of Contents||Marks|
|I||Advanced Crop Production and Organic Farming||25|
|Unit I: Advanced Crop Production|
|Unit II: Organic Farming|
|II||Post- Harvest Management, Food Processing and Value Addition||25|
|Unit III: Post- Harvest Management|
|Unit VI: Food Processing & value addition|
|III||Subsidiary Enterprises of Agriculture||20|
|Unit V: Subsidiary Enterprises in Agriculture|
Section I – Agriculture Class XII CBSE Syllabus
In this & following sections, you are going to get a brief information about Theoretical CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Agriculture. It consists of List of Contents of Unit Wise. Let us have a look at the Agriculture Class 12 CBSE Syllabus from given information.
Unit I: Advance Crop Production
- Food production with horticultural crops & its importance in the economy and nutritional security.
- Roles and functions of essential plant nutrients and their significant deficiency symptoms.
- Soil fertility & concept of essential plant nutrients, classification of essential plant nutrients.
- Soil samplings and its processing. Introduction to soil pH, oOrganic carbon.
- The introduction of manure, fertilizers, Bio-fertilizers, their methods of application. The concept of integrated nutrient management (INM).
- The concept of soil moisture availability various irrigation methods. A concept of precision and pressure Irrigation – Drip and sprinkler irrigation.
- Methods of insect pest and disease management – Chemical, Biological, and Mechanical. The concept of Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
Unit II: Organic Farming
- The concept, history, and the importance of Organic Farming.
- Present status and contribution in the National economy.
- Important food products are grown organically. The important Government Schemes for the promotion of organic farming in our country. Kitchen gardening.
Section II – cbseacademic.in Class XII Agriculture Syllabus
Unit III: Post Harvest Management
- Post harvesting management of fruits, vegetables, flowers, cereals, pulses, and oilseeds. Status of food processing in our country.
- Important Government schemes for the food sector.
Unit IV: Food Processing and Value Addition
- Principles and the methods of food processing and preservation. Benefits of food processing.
- Important value added products from fruits, vegetables, cereals, pulses and oil seeds. Preparation of the jam, jelly, ketchup, morabba, pickles, marmalade.
- Packaging, quality standards and their marketing including export
- Flowers and their harvesting:
- Important processed flower products, the packaging, storage and their marketing.
- The concept of safe food and important food regulations.
Section III – CBSE Agriculture Syllabus for Class 12
Unit V: Subsidiary Enterprises in Agriculture
- Important subsidiary enterprises based on Agriculture including Horticulture and their importance in the socio-economic status of an individual.
- Beekeeping and the important usage and importance of Honey, Wax and Royal jelly.
- Mushroom, their nutritional status, methods of production.
- Landscaping, development, and maintenance of lawns and Avenue gardens.
- Preparation of the Biopesticides (plant based), Organic manures (composts) and also Vermicomposting.
- Setting up nurseries & marketing of plant sapling and the important Govt. Schemes for the support of these enterprises.
Therefore, the above all the topics mentioned comes under Theoretical CBSE Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus.
Agriculture CBSE Practical Syllabus for Class 12- Course Structure of Practical Syllabus
|Sections||List of Contents/ Experiments||Marks Awarded|
|I||Advanced Crop Production and Organic Farming||08|
|II||Post- Harvest Management, Food Processing and Value||06|
|III||Subsidiary Enterprises in Agriculture||06|
|IV||Collection and Visit Report||05|
Section I – Class XII Agriculture Syllabus CBSE
Unit I: Advance Crop Production and Organic Farming
- Soil sampling and determination of Soil pH.
- Determination of soil organic carbon content.
- The preparation of nursery and seed beds.
- Seed treatment with fungicides and Bio-fertilizers.
- Identification of the different types of chemical fertilizers, composts, and bio-fertilizers.
- Calculation of fertilizer requirement of crops (for wheat, rice, and maize) based on their nutrient needs.
- Preparation of FYM & compost.
- Uses of the sprayers and dusters for pest control and nutrient spray.
- Determination of moisture content of crop seeds (wheat, rice, maize & mustard).
- To find out the 100-grain weight of crop seeds (wheat, rice, maize, and mustard).
- Visit a crop field and compare healthy plant with a disease and insect affected the plant.
- The identification of different types of Insecticides, Fungicides, Herbicides.
Section II – Agriculture Syllabus Class 12 CBSE
Unit II: Post-Harvest Management, Food Processing, and Value Addition
- Visit Bakery Unit, Local Chakki.
- Preparation of Jam, Jelly, Ketchup, and Morabba.
- Drying of fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
- Preparation of pickles.
- Identification of fresh, aged vegetables and fruits.
- Visit cold storage& record storage of different fruits and vegetables.
- Harvesting and packaging of flowers.
- Preparation of flower arrangements such as Garland & rangoli.
- Visit a flower mandi and record the activities in the mandi.
- Visit the local fruit market and record the activities in the market.
Section III- Agriculture CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 12
Unit III: Subsidiary Enterprises in Agriculture
- Preparation of plant-based biopesticides (neem).
- Visit to the Mushroom production unit.
- Visit the nearby apiary and record the process of beekeeping.
- Observe the characteristics of different bee products (honey and wax).
- Visit a vermicomposting unit.
- Observe the characteristics of compost.
Section IV: Agriculture Class 12 Syllabus CBSE
Report on the Visits
The student has to prepare a report of their visit to different organizations and submit to the subject teacher for the evaluation. The report should contain the student’s original work and observations.
Section V- CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Agriculture
Students can ask the questions based on:
- Identification of objects.
- Visit Report Analysis.
- Experiences in their field visits.
Download Syllabus of Agriculture Class 12 CBSE 2017- 18 Pdf
For your better understanding, in the below sections we are giving the Pdf of Agriculture CBSE Class XII Syllabus provided by the Central Board of Secondary Education. So, download CBSE Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus and make a time table now onwards for your better exam preparation.
Agriculture Class XII CBSE Syllabus
Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus 2017 Pdf in Hindi
“Friends, thanks for coming to our website and hope you like our post about CBSE Class 12 Agriculture Syllabus. Also, pass this information to your classmates. Come tomorrow for more CBSE Syllabus for Class 12.”