CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus updated now by Central Board of Secondary Education. View Class 12 CBSE Syllabus for Accountancy. Download the latest CBSE Accountancy Syllabus for Class 12. Get Accountancy Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE 2018-19 direct link. Go insight you can get more details regarding Unit wise CBSE Syllabus of Class 12 Accountancy.
CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus 2018 – XII Class CBSE Syllabus
CBSE Organisation recently uploaded the Accountancy Syllabus of Class 12 for the academic year 2017 – 18. First of all the CBSE, popularly known as Central Board of Secondary Education which designs the Syllabus every year for Higher Educations ( Class 6th to Class 12th). This year also CBSE designed the syllabus of all subjects of XIIth Standard. Now we are providing for the students who have completed their Intermediate 1st Year successfully and searching for CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus. The Syllabus of Accountancy for Class 12 CBSE consists of topics and sub- topics that are going to cover in the examination. For the easy convenience of candidates whose Syllabus of Intermediate Standard belongs to Central Board of Secondary Education. Therefore they can view and know about the Accountancy Class 12 CBSE Syllabus in the below sections in our web page.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy – Course Structure of Accountancy @ cbseacademic.in
|Units||Chapters/ Topics||Marks for those topics in the exam||Total Marks|
|Part- A: Financial Accounting -1|
|Unit- 1||Theoritical Framework||15||50|
|Unit- 2||Accouting Process||35|
|Part – B: Financial Accounting- II|
|Unit – 3||Financial Statements of Sole Partnership from Complete and Incomplete Boards||15||40|
|Unit- 4||Financial Statements of Not- for- Profit Organizations||15|
|Unit – 5||Computers in Accounting||10|
|Part- C: Project Work||10||10|
Syllabus of Accountancy for Class 12 CBS 2018-19 – Units and Chapters in Accountancy
In this section, we are providing the Units and Chapter wise CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus. Along with Syllabus of Accountancy, we are giving the brief idea about the topics in all 5 Units mentioned in the above table. In addition to that we are also giving Part- 1, Part- 2 and Part- 3 Accountancy Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE.
PART – A: Financial Accounting- 1 | CBSE Syllabus for Accountancy Class 12
Here we are providing the Units and Topics that going to cover in Part A ( Financial Accounting- 1) which comes under the Syllabus of Accountancy for Class 12 CBSE.
Unit- 1: Theoretical Frame Work
- Introduction to Accounting
- Accounting- Concept, Objectives, Advantages and limitations, types of information; Users of accounting information and their needs.
- Basic Accounting Terms- Business Transactions, account, capital, drawings, liabilities (non- current and current); assets( tangible and intangible assets), receipts(capital, revenue and deferred), expense, income, profits, gains and losses, purchases, purchases returns, sales, goods, stock, inventory, trade receivables, trade payables, cost, vouchers, discount – trade and cash.
- Theory Base of Accounting
- Fundamental Accounting assumptions: going concern, consistency and accurate.
- Accounting Principles: Accounting entity, money measurement, accounting period, full disclosure, materiality and prudence, cost concept, matching and dual aspect.
- Accounting Standards and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards): concept and objectives.
- Double Entry System of Accounting.
- Bases of accounting- Cash basis and Accrual basis.
Unit -2: Accounting Process
- Recording of Transactions
- Accounting Equations: analysis of transactions using accounting equation.
- Rules of debit and credit: for assets, liabilities, capital, revenue and expenses.
- Origin of transactions- source documents/ supporting vouchers (invoice, cash memo, pay in slip, cheques), debit/ credit note.
- Books of original entry: Format and recording- Journal.
- Cash Book: Simple cash book and cash book with column petty cash book.
- Other Books: Purchase book, sales returns book and journal proper.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement, Ledger and Trial Balance 23 Periods
- Bank Reconciliation statement- concept, calculating bank balance at an accounting date: need and preparation.
- Ledger- format, posting from the journal, cash book, and other special purpose books, balancing of accounts.
- Trial Balance: Objectives and Preparation (Scope: Trial Balance with balance method only)
- Depreciation, Provisions, and Reserves. 16 Periods
- Depreciation: concept, need, and factors affecting depreciation.
Part B: Financial Accounting- II | Class 12 CBSE Accountancy Syllabus
The next topic in CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus is Part- 2 9 Financial Accounting- 2). As a result, here we are providing the remaining units in the below section in our web page.
Unit- 3: Financial Statements of Sole Partnership: From Complete and Incomplete Records
- Financial Statements; objective and importance.
- Trading and Profit and Loss Account, gross profit, operating profit and net profit.
- Balance Sheet: need, grouping, marshaling of assets and liabilities.
- Preparation of Trading and Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet of the sole proprietorship.
- Incomplete records: uses and limitations.
Unit 4: Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Not-for-Profit Organizations: concept.
- Income and Expenditure Account: features, preparation of income and expenditure account and balance sheet from the given receipts and payments account with additional information.
Unit- 5: Computers in Accounting
- Introduction to computer and accounting information system: Introduction to computers(elements, capabilities, limitations of computer system).
- Intro to Operating Software, utility software, and application software. Introduction to accounting information system (AIS) as a part of MIS.
- Automation of Accounting Process: meaning
- Stages in Automation: (a) Accounting Process in a computerized Environment, (b) Sourcing of accounting software, (c) creation of account groups and hierarchy, (d) generation of reports.
Part C: Project Work (Any One) | Accountancy Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE
This is the last part named Project Work in the Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE Accountancy.
Topics in Project Work ( Part – 3)
- Collectio of source documents, preparation of vouchers, recording of transactions with the help of vouchers.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement with given cash book and pass book with twenty to twenty- five transactions.
- Comprehensive Project starting with journal entries regarding any sole proprietorship business, posting them to the ledger and preparation of Trial Balance. Therefore students then prepare Trading and Profit, Loss Account and Bank Sheet on the basis of prepared trial balance. Expenses, income, and profit, assets & liabilities are depicted using pie chart/ bar diagram.
Download Syllabus of Accountancy for Class 12 CBSE Pdf
In this section of our article, we are providing the CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus for the Intermediate 2nd-year students of the academic year 2017-18 Pdf for your easy understanding.
“Stay tuned and wait for more updates from our Website.”