CBSE Class 11 Sociology Syllabus updated. Know Syllabus of Sociology Class 11 CBSE Course Structure along with Units and subtopics. CBSE 11th Class Sociology Syllabus Pdf available. Also, refer cbseacademic.in to download Sociology Class 11 CBSE Syllabus and for the weightage of marks.
CBSE Class 11 Sociology Syllabus 2017 | Class 11 Sociology CBSE Syllabus
Hi, friends!!!! Did you notice, one thing has added to Central Board of Secondary education official website? That added thing is nothing but the 11th Class CBSE Sociology Syllabus. The syllabus of Sociology is for the currently pursuing Intermediate 1st Year Students, i.e, of the academic year 2K17- 18. Along with the Syllabus of Sociology CBSE Class 11 we and cbseacademic.in providing evaluation of marks in the exam point of view.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Sociology and it’s Course Structure @ cbseacademic.in
|Units||List of Topics||No. of marks|
|Section A: Introducing Sociology||40|
|1||Sociology, society and its relationship with other Social Sciences||08|
|2||Basic concepts and their use in Sociology||08|
|3||Understanding Social Institutions||10|
|4||Culture and Socialization||08|
|5||Doing Sociology: Research Methods||06|
|Section B: Understanding Society||40|
|6||Social Structure, Stratification and Social processes in the Society||10|
|7||Social Change and Social order in Rural and Urban Sociey||10|
|8||Environment and Society||06|
|9||Introducing Western Sociologists||06|
Section A: Introducing Sociology | 11th Class CBSE Sociology Syllabus
Unit 1: Sociology, Society and its Relationship with other Social Sciences
- Introducing Society: Individuals and collectivities. plural perspectives.
- Introducing Sociology: Emergence, Nature and the scope. Relationship to other disciplines.
Unit 2: Basic Concepts and their use in Sociology
- Social Groups and Society
- Status and Role
- Social Stratification
- Society and Social Control
Unit 3: Understanding Social Institutions
- Family, Marriage, and Kinship
- Work and Economic life.
- Political Instuitutions
- Religion and Education as a Social Institution.
Unit 4: Culture and Socialization
- Culture, Values, and Norms; Shared, Plural and Contested
- Socialization: Conformity, conflict and the Shaping of personality
Unit 5: Doing Sociology: Research Methods
- Methods: Participant Observation, Survey.
- Tools and Techniques: Observation, Interview and also Questionaire
- The significance of field work in sociology.
Section B: Understanding Society | Class 11 CBSE Sociology Syllabus
Unit 6: Structure, Process, and Stratification
- Social Structure
- Social stratification: Class, caste, race, and gender.
- The Social Processes: Cooperation, competition, conflict
Unit 7: Social Change and social order in Rural and Urban Society
- Social Changes: Types; causes and Consequences
- The Social Order: Domination, the authority of law; Contestation, crime and violence.
- Village, Town and city: Changes in Rural and Urban Society.
Unit 8: Environment and Society
- Ecology and Society
- Environmental Crises and Social responses.
- Substansible development.
Unit 9: Introducing Western Sociologists
- Karl Marx on class conflict.
- Emile Durkheim: Division of Labour and Conscience collective.
- Max Weber; Bureaucracy
Unit 10: Indian Sociologists
- G.S. Ghurye on Race and Caste
- D.P. Mukherjee on Tradition and Change.
- A.R. Desai on the state.
- And finally, M.N. Srinivas on the Village.
The above topics mentioned come under the first half of the CBSE Class 11 Sociology Syllabus where 80 marks are covered for the exam.
CBSE Class 11 Sociology Practical Syllabus 2017
Right now, you’re going to know about the second and last part of 11th Class Sociology CBSE Syllabus. For a better understanding of students, we are giving a tabular format of the contents and scheme of evaluation of Sociology Practicals.
List of Contents/ Experiments of CBSE XIth Class Sociology Practical Syllabus – cbseacademic.in
|Contents/ Experiments||Unit wise weightage|
|A: Project( undertaken during the academic year at School level)|
|1. Statement of the purpose||10 marks|
|2. Methodology/ Technique|
|B: Viva- based on the Project Work||02 marks|
|C; Research design steps of Research( Eg: Observation, Interview, content analysis) need to explain to student & questions accordingly raised|
|1. Overall format||08 marks|
|2. Research Question/ Hypothesis|
|3. Choice of technique|
|4. Detailed Procedure for the implementation of technique|
|5. Limitations of the above techniques|
Download Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Sociology 2017- 18 PDF
Guys!!! Who are anxious about the CBSE Class 11 Sociology Syllabus can download the Pdf of Sociology 11th Class Syllabus CBSE. Download the CBSE Sociology Syllabus for Class 11 Pdf link available in the below section of the webpage.
“Thank you so much, friends!!! Come again and again and know about the latest CBSE Syllabus for all the subjects on our web page.”