CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus uploaded for the session 2017-18 for free download. Students who step into Class 11 can get Latest CBSE 11th Syllabus for Physics. Class 11 Physics Syllabus provided here is effective for Board Exam Preparation. CBSE Class XI Syllabus Physics consists of Sample Paper Design, Evaluation Scheme, Prescribed Books etc. So, get Class 11 CBSE Physics Syllabus and begin Exam Preparation accordingly. You can download CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 11 Physics Pdf by the help of link provided at the end of the article.
Download CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus
Are you browsing for CBSE Class XI Physics Syllabus on various websites? Don’t waste your time in searching all the websites. cbseguide.co has already uploaded CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus on its web page. You can download CBSE 11th Syllabus for Physics from here for free of cost. Along with CBSE 11 Physics Syllabus for Theory, we have already provided Practical Syllabus. Know list of experiments and activities to be performed during the course of study from CBSE Practical Syllabus for Class 11 Physics.
You can also refer topics and sub- topics in CBSE Syllabus Class 11 Physics from CBSE Public Portal i.e. cbse.nic.in. Go through the below sections to know detailed information about CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus 2017-18.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Physics @ cbse.nic.in
|Class 11 CBSE Syllabus for Physics|
|Board Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Class||11th Class/ Class XI|
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for Physics 2017-18 Download
All Plus one students who are appearing for Board Exams must gather CBSE 11 Syllabus. CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus consists of list of topics that you need to go through during the course of study. You can note down all the topics clearly and start preparation. We suggest you to make a nice preparation timetable and cover each and evry topic in Physics CBSE Class 11 Syllabus. After referring the complete Syllabus of Physics Class 11 CBSE Board, you can start practicing CBSE Sample Papers for Class 11 Physics. Then, you can know the difficulty level of the Exam Paper.
Physics Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE – Course Structure (Theory)
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus|
|Unit–I||Physical World and Measurement||10||23|
|Chapter–1: Physical World|
|Chapter–2: Units and Measurements|
|Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line|
|Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane|
|Unit–III||Laws of Motion||14|
|Chapter–5: Laws of Motion|
|Unit–IV||Work, Energy & Power||12||17|
|Chapter–6: Work, Energy & Power|
|Unit–V||Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body||18|
|Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion|
|Unit–VII||Properties of Bulk Matter||24||20|
|Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids|
|Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids|
|11 th Chapter: Thermal Properties of the Matter|
|Unit–IX||Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases||08|
|Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory|
|Unit–X||Oscillations and Waves||26||10|
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Physics – Unit I: Physical World and Measurement
- Physical World Physics-scope and excitement.
- Physics, nature of physical laws; technology & society.
- Units & Measurements Need for measurement: Units of Measurement;
- Systems of units.
- The SI units, fundamental & derived units.
- Length, mass & time measurements;
- The Accuracy & precision of measuring instruments;
- Errors in the Measurement;
- Significant figures.
- Dimensions of the physical quantities, dimensional analysis & its applications.
Class 11 Physics Syllabus CBSE – Unit II: Kinematics
- Motion in a Straight Line Frame of the reference, Motion in a straight line: Speed & velocity, Position-time graph.
- Uniform and nonuniform motion,
- Average speed and instantaneous velocity,
- Elementary concepts of the differentiation & integration for describing motion,
- uniformly accelerated motion, v
- elocity – time & position-time graphs.
- Relations for uniformly accelerated motion (graphical treatment).
- Motion in a Plane Scalar & vector quantities;
- Equality of vectors,
- Multiplication of vectors by a real number;
- Addition and subtraction of vectors,
- Resolution of a vector in a plane,
- Position & displacement vectors, general vectors and their notations;
- Relative velocity, Unit vector;
- Rectangular components,
- Motion in a plane, cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration-projectile motion,
- Scalar and Vector product of vectors.
- Uniform circular motion.
Class 11 CBSE Physics Syllabus – Unit III: Laws of Motion
Check the following sections to know more details regarding CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus.
- Laws of Motion Intuitive concept of force,
- Newton’s first law of motion;
- Momentum and Newton’s second law of motion;
- Laws of friction,
- Newton’s third law of motion.
- Rolling friction, lubrication.
- Law of conservation of a linear momentum & its applications.
- Equilibrium of the concurrent forces,
- Static & kinetic friction,
- Dynamics of uniform circular motion:
- Centripetal Force, eg of circular motion (vehicle on a level circular road, Vehicle on a banked road).
CBSE Physics Syllabus for Class 11 – Unit IV: Work, Energy & Power
Chapter–VI: Work, Engery & Power
- Work done by a constant force & a variable force;
- Kinetic Energy,
- The Work-Energy theorem,
- Power. Notion of potential energy,
- The Potential energy of a spring, conservative forces:
- conservation of mechanical energy (kinetic and potential energies);
- Motion in a vertical circle;
- Elastic & inelastic collisions in one and two dimensions.
Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE Physics – Unit V: Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body
Chapter–7: System of Particles & Rotational Motion
- Centre of mass of a 2 particle system, momentum conservation and centre of mass motion.
- Mass of a rigid body; centre of mass of a uniform rod.
- Moment of a force, torque, angular momentum, law of conservation of angular momentum & its applications.
- Equilibrium of rigid bodies, rigid body rotation & equations of rotational motion, comparison of linear & rotational motions.
- Moment of inertia, radius of gyration,
- Values of Moments of Inertia for Simple Geometrical objects (no derivation).
- The Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems and their applications.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus 2017-18 – Unit VI: Gravitation
Chapter VIII: Gravitation
- Kepler’s laws of planetary motion, universal law of gravitation. Acceleration due to gravity & its variation with altitude and depth.
- Gravitational potential energy & gravitational potential,
- Escape velocity,
- Orbital velocity of a satellite,
- Geo-stationary satellites.
Physics Syllabus for Class 11 CBSE – Unit VII: Properties of Bulk Matter
Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Elastic behaviour, Stress-strain relationship,
- Young’s modulus,
- Hooke’s law,
- The Bulk modulus,
- Shear modulus of rigidity,
- The Poisson’s ratio;
- Elastic energy.
Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Pressure due to a fluid column;
- Pascal’s law and its applications (hydraulic lift and hydraulic brakes),
- The Effect of gravity on fluid pressure.
- Viscosity, Stokes’ law,
- The Terminal velocity,
- streamline and turbulent flow, critical velocity,
- Bernoulli’s theorem & its applications.
- Surface energy & surface tension,
- The Angle of contact, excess of pressure across a curved surface,
- application of surface tension ideas to drops, bubbles and capillary rise.
Chapter–XI: Thermal Properties of Matter
- Heat, temperature, the thermal expansion;
- Thermal expansion of solids, liquids and gases,
- Anomalous expansion of water;
- specific heat capacity;
- Cp, Cv – calorimetry;
- Change of state – latent heat capacity.
- Heat transfer-conduction,
- Convection & radiation,
- Thermal conductivity,
- qualitative ideas of Blackbody radiation,
- Wein’s displacement Law,
- Stefan’s law,
- Green house effect.
Syllabus of Physics Class 11 CBSE – Unit VIII: The Thermodynamics
- Thermal equilibrium and definition of temperature (zeroth law of thermodynamics),
- Work and Internal Energy.
- 1st law of thermodynamics, isothermal and adiabatic processes.
- 2nd law of thermodynamics: reversible and irreversible processes,
- Heat engine and refrigerator.
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus Physics – Unit IX: Behaviour of Perfect Gases & Kinetic Theory of the Gases
Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory
- Equation of state of a perfect gas,
- Work done in compressing a gas.
- The Kinetic theory of gases – assumptions, concept of pressure.
- Kinetic interpretation of temperature;
- Rms speed of gas molecules;
- The Degrees of freedom,
- Law of equi-partition of energy (statement only) and application to specific heat capacities of gases;
- The Concept of mean free path,
- Avogadro’s number.
Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Physics – Unit X: Oscillations and Waves
- Periodic motion – time period, frequency, displacement as a function of time, periodic functions.
- Simple harmonic motion & its equation; phase; oscillations of a loaded springrestoring force and force constant; energy in S.H.M.
- Kinetic & potential energies;
- Simple Pendulum derivation of an expression for its time period.
- Free, forced & damped oscillations, resonance.
Wave Motion: Transverse & longitudinal waves, Speed of wave motion, displacement relation for a progressive wave, principle of superposition of waves, reflection of waves, standing waves in strings & organ pipes, fundamental mode & harmonics, Beats, Doppler effect.
Syllabus of Class 11 Physics CBSE – Evaluation Scheme
|Two experiments one from each section||8+8 Marks|
|Practical record||6 Marks|
|Investigatory Project||3 Marks|
|Viva on experiments, activities & project||5 Marks|
CBSE Practical Syllabus for Class 11 Physics – SECTION–A
Go insight for CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus (Practical).
1.To measure diameter of a small spherical/cylindrical body and to measure internal diameter and depth of a given beaker/calorimeter using Vernier Callipers and hence find its volume.
2. To measure diameter of a given wire and thickness of a given sheet using screw gauge.
3.To find the downward force, along with an inclined plane, and acting on a roller due to gravitational pull of the earth & study their relationship with the angle of inclination θ by plotting graph b/w force and sinθ.
4. To study the relationship b/w force of limiting friction & normal reaction & to find the coefficient of friction b/w a block and a horizontal surface.
5. To study variation of time period of a simple pendulum of a given length by taking bobs of same size but different masses & interpret the result.
6. Using a Simple pendulum, plot its L-T 2 graph and use it to find the effective length of second’s pendulum.
7. To find the Weight of a given body by using parallelogram law of vectors.
8. To determine the mass of two different objects using a beam balance.
9. Determination of the Radius of Curvature of a given spherical surface by a spherometer.
10. To determine volume of an irregular lamina using screw gauge.
CBSE Physics Syllabus for Class 11 Pdf – Activities
- To study dissipation of energy of a simple pendulum by plotting a graph between square of amplitude and time.
- To study the conservation of an energy of a ball rolling down on an inclined plane (using a double inclined plane).
- Study the dif in range of a projectile with angle of projection.
- Measure the force of limiting friction for rolling of a roller on a horizontal plane.
- To plot a Graph for a set of data, and with proper choice of scales & error bars.
- Determine mass(m) of a given body using a metre scale by principle of moments.
- Make a paper scale of given least count, e.g., 0.2cm, 0.5 cm.
Class 11 Physics CBSE Syllabus – SECTION–B
1. To fFind the speed of the sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube using 2 resonance positions.
2. To study the relation b/w the length of a given wire and tension for constant frequency using sonometer.
3. Study the relation b/w frequency and length of a given wire under constant tension using sonometer.
4. Determination of specific heat capacity of a given solid by method of mixtures.
5. To study the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time by plotting a cooling curve.
6. Determination of coefficient of viscosity of viscous liquid by measuring terminal velocity of a given spherical body.
7. Determine the surface tension of water by using capillary rise process.
8. To study the variation in volume with pressure for a sample of air at constant temperature by plotting graphs b/w P and V, and between P and 1/V.
9. Find the force constant of a helical spring by plotting a graph between load and extension.
10. Determination of Young’s Modulus of elasticity of material of a given wire.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus Pdf – Activities
- To observe the decrease in presure with an increase in velocity of a fluid.
- Study the effect of load on depression of a suitably clamped metre scale loaded at (i) its end (ii) in the middle.
- Study the factors & consequences affecting the rate of loss of heat of a given liquid.
- To study the effect of detergent on surface tension of water by observing capillary rise.
- Note the difference in level of liquid in a container on heating & interpret the observations.
- Observe and explain the effect of heating on a bi-metallic strip.
- Observe the change of state & plot a cooling curve for molten wax.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus 2017-18 – Practical Examination for Visually Impaired Students
List of Practicals
- To measure diameter of a small spherical or cylindrical body using vernier calipers.
- To measure the internal diameter and depth of a given beaker/calorimeter using vernier calipers and hence find its volume.
- Measure diameter of given wire by screw gauge.
- To measure thickness of a given sheet using screw gauge.
- Determine the mass of an object using a beam balance.
- To find the weight of given body using the parallelogram law of vectors.
- By using a simple pendulum plot L-T and L-T 2 graphs. Therefore, find the effective length of second’s pendulum using appropriate length values.
- To know the force constant of given helical spring by plotting a graph b/w load and extension.
- (i) To study the relation b/w frequency and length of a given wire under constant tension using a sonometer. (ii) To study the relation b/w the length of a given wire & tension, for constant frequency, using a sonometer.
- To know the speed of sound in air, at room temperature, using a resonance tube, by observing the two resonance positions.
Syllabus Class 11 CBSE Physics – Prescribed Books:
- Physics Part-I, Textbook for Class XI, Published by NCERT.
- Physics Part-II, Textbook for Class 11, Published by NCERT.
- Laboratory Manual of Physics, Class XI Published by NCERT.
- The list of other related books & manuals brought out by NCERT (consider multimedia also).
CBSE Class 11 SA 1 Syllabus Physics – Syllabus for Class 11 CBSE Physics
Central Board of Secondary Education has made some changes in CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus. Students of CBSE affiliated schools like KVS, NVS etc. can get Physics Class 11 CBSE Syllabus from this page. Have a glance at CBSE Board Class 11 Physics Syllabus, view all topics which you have to cover from each lesson. Thus, start your Board Exam Preparation. Also, know CBSE Marking Scheme and know the topics which are assigned more marks. Now, concentrate more on the Chapters having highest marks. Students who prepared according to CBSE Syllabus Physics Class 11 can easily clear your Board Exams with flying colors.
To get CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus in Pdf format, you can visit the below-stated link and download CBSE Physics Syllabus easily. Interested students can focus to cbseguide.co to know latest updated and modifications regarding CBSE 11 Syllabus.