CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus updated recently by CBSE Board. Students appearing for CBSE Exam can download Class 11 CBSE Maths Syllabus in a Pdf format. Also, check the below sections for CBSE Chapter Wise Marks.
CBSE Maths Syllabus for Class 11
Are you searching for Class 11 Maths Syllabus CBSE? Then you are on the right page. Here, we have provided the updated syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Maths. On the bottom of the page, you can find direct links for downloading CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus. We suggest all the students to download and make effective use of CBSE 11th Class Maths Syllabus.
Class 11 CBSE Maths Syllabus @ cbseacademic.in
|I||Sets and Functions||29|
|II||Statistics and Probability||12|
Unit 1.Sets and Functions
The current web page provides you the complete information regarding CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus.
Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE Maths – Sets
- Empty set, Equal sets, Finite and Infinite sets, Universal set, Sets and their representations, Powerset.
- Subsets of a set of real numbers especially intervals, Difference of sets, Properties of Complement Sets, Complement of a set, and Union & Intersection of sets.
CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus Term I – Trigonometric Functions
- Domain & Range of trigonometric functions and their graphs, Positive and negative angles, Definition of trigonometric functions with the help of unit circle, Measuring angles in radians and in degrees and conversion from one measure to another.
- Truth of Identity sin2 x+cos2 x=1, for all x.
- Expressing sin (x±y) and cos (x±y) in terms of sinx, siny, cosx & cosy and their simple applications.
Class 11 Maths CBSE Syllabus – Relations & Functions
- Definition of relation, domain, co-domain, and range of a relation, Ordered pairs, the Cartesian product of sets.
- Function as a special type of relation.
- Real valued functions, Domain, and Range of these functions, identity, rational, constant, modulus, logarithmic and greatest integer functions, signum, exponential, with their graphs.
- Sum, difference, product and quotient of functions.
Class Maths Syllabus CBSE – Unit 2.Statistics and Probability
- Random experiments, outcomes, sample spaces.
- Events, the occurrence of events, ‘not’, ‘and’, ‘or’ events, and exhaustive events, mutually exclusive events, axiomatic (set theoretic) Probability, connections, other theories studied in earlier classes.
- The Probability of an event.
CBSE Maths Class 11 Syllabus – Statistics
- Analysis of Frequency distribution with equal means but with different Variances.
- Measures of Dispersion: Range, mean deviation, variance and standard deviation of ungrouped/grouped data.
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus Maths – Unit 3. Algebra
Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- The square root of a complex number, Statement of Fundamental Theorem of Algebra, Algebraic properties of complex numbers.
- Need for Complex numbers, to be motivated by the inability to solve some of the quadratic equations.
Syllabus of Maths for Class 11 CBSE – Principle of Mathematical Induction
- The principle of mathematical induction and simple applications.
- The Process of the proof by induction, & motivating the application of method by looking at natural numbers as least inductive subset of real numbers.
Maths Syllabus for Class 11 CBSE – Binomial Theorem
- Pascal’s triangle, History, statement and proof of the binomial theorem for positive integral indices.
- General and middle term in binomial expansion, simple applications.
Syllabus of Maths Class 11 CBSE 2017-18 – Permutations and Combinations
- Factorial (n!), Permutations and combinations, the Fundamental principle of counting, derivation of formulae for 𝑛𝑃𝑟 and 𝑛𝐶𝑟 and their connections, simple applications.
Class 11 CBSE Syllabus Maths – Linear Inequalities
- Algebraic solutions of linear inequalities in one variable and their representation on the number line.
- Linear inequalities.
- Graphical solutions of linear inequalities in two variables.
- Graphical method of finding a solution of a system of linear inequalities in two variables.
Maths Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE – Sequence and Series
- Arithmetic Mean, Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression, the sum of first n terms of a G.P., Geometric mean, relation between A.M. and G.M.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Maths Pdf – Unit 4. Mathematical Reasoning
- Validating the statements involving the connecting words, converse, and contrapositive, Mathematically acceptable Statements.
- Connecting words or Phrases – Consolidating understanding of “if and only if condition”, “implies”, “and/or”, “implied by”, “and”, “or”, “there exists” and their use through the variety of examples related to real life and Mathematics.
Maths Class 11 CBSE Syllabus – 5.Calculus
Limits and Derivatives
- Limits of polynomials and rational functions trigonometric, Intuitive idea of a limit, the exponential and Intuitive idea of a limit.
- Derivatives of polynomial and trigonometric functions.
- Definition of derivative relates it to the scope of a tangent of the curve, Derivative of sum, difference, product and quotient of functions.
Maths Syllabus Class 11 CBSE 2017 – Unit 6.Coordinate Geometry:
- Standard equations and simple properties of parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Sections of a cone: parabola, ellipse, circle, hyperbola, a Straight line & a pair of intersecting lines as a degenerated case of a conic section.
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for Maths – Straight Lines
- The general equation of a line, intercept form and normal form, two-point form, slope – intercept form.
- Parallel to the axis, Shifting of origin, Distance of a point from a line.
- The brief recall of two-dimensional geometry from earlier classes.
Syllabus of Maths CBSE Class 11
Here, we have updated direct links for CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus. Students who want to gain the maximum marks can download CBSE 11th Class Mathematics Syllabus and start your Exam Preparation. Interested candidates can also download CBSE Maths Syllabus from the official website of CBSE i.e.cbseacademic.in.
Download 11 Class Maths Syllabus CBSE Free Pdf Files