CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2017- 18 uploaded. Get the Fashion Studies CBSE Latest Syllabus for Class 11. Know the Fashion Studies CBSE Class 11th Syllabus Structure. Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Fashion Studies Pdf. Know the Unit wise marking scheme from Fashion Studies CBSE 11th Syllabus.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Fashion Studies – Brief Information
Hi, friends!!! Are you interested in learning Fashion Designing? And want to become a professional as a Fashion Designer? If you are aiming for it, you need to choose Fashion Studies as an elective in your academic sessions. For that, you should know about the Fashion Studies Class 11 CBSE Syllabus. Recently, Central Board of Secondary Education published Fashion Studies Class 11 Syllabus on its official website. For your better understanding, we are providing Syllabus of Fashion Studies Class 11 CBSE in the following sections. You can check Chapter- wise contents along with weightage of marks from CBSE Class 11 Syllabus.
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus Details @ cbse.nic.in
|Fashion Studies CBSE Net Syllabus 2017|
|Conducting Organization Name||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Name of the Subject||Fashion Studies|
|Class||11th Class/ Class 11|
Also, refer cbseacademic.in to download CBSE 11 Syllabus of Fashion Studies to clarify all your doubts regarding the changes made in topics from the Chapters. That’s why CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus is very helpful.
Fashion Studies Class 11 CBSE Syllabus Structure – Chapter- wise Contents of Fashion Studies
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Fashion Studies|
|Chapters||List of Contents||Marks|
|1||Overview of Fashion||10|
|2||Introduction to Fabrics||20|
|4||Elements of Garment Making||20|
|Total Marks||70+ 30= 100|
Chapter 1: Overview of Fashion
Objectives of the Course
- To introduce students to fashion studies & provide an overview of fashion.
- Know about consumer segmentation.
- To familiarize students with essential Fashion terminology and fashion theories.
- To clarify the roles and responsibilities of the fashion professionals.
After completion of course, students are suggested to know the following
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the fundamental aspects of fashion.
- Describe the process of fashion diffusion across consumer segments.
- Describe appropriate terminology & theories related to fashion.
- Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge related to the fashion industry.
- Overview of fashion- Introduction, and definition
- Factors influencing fashion.
- Key Concepts and Terminology – trends, collection, styles, art and craft, Avant garde and mass fashion, knock-offs limited fashion and co-branded labels, classics, fads.
- Movement and Direction of style – Fashion forecasting, Pendulum swing, Fashion cycles.
- Theories of fashion movement – trickle-down, trickle-across.
- Consumer segmentation.
- International trade in Fashion.
- The role of fashion professionals in Design, Technology, Merchandising.
- Regulatory bodies for fashion and textiles in India.
Chapter II: Introduction to Fibres, Dyeing, Printing
Objectives to the course
- To introduce students to the world of fibers.
- To introduce students to yarn formation and weaving
- Introduce the students to the process of the dyeing & printing
- Identify different humanmade and natural fibers.
- Understand the conversion of fiber to fabric.
- Appreciate process of dyeing and printing of textiles.
- Fibre, classification of fibers and properties of fibers.
- Yarn formation.
- Weaving and basic weaves.
- Dyeing of textiles.
- Printing of Textiles.
Chapter–III: Design Fundamentals
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the meaning of design.
- To develop an understanding of Elements of Design and Principles of Design.
- Develop skills of the visualization& communication using design fundamentals.
- To develop and initialize a design vocabulary, an essential tool for practicing designers.
- Understand & apply the Elements of Design.
- Understand and apply the principles of design
- Use basic design language.
- Translate an abstract, the sensorial ideas into visual language.
- A meaning of design.
- Basic Elements of Design – dot, line, shape& texture.
- Colour Theory – Hue, Tint, Shade, Tone, Colour Schemes.
- The language and psychology of color.
- Basic principles of Design– rhythm, balance, Contrast, Emphasis.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the skills of garment making.
- To make them familiar with a sewing machine & its various parts.
- Make them familiar with the use of other sewing aids.
- To teach them basic hand and machine stitches and their applications.
- To teach them various simple sewing machine operations.
- Work with proficiency on the sewing machine.
- Rectify simple problems of the machine faced while stitching.
- Stitch different kinds of seams using the sewing machine.
- Gathers, pleats, and trucks on the fabric.
- Finish garment edges with hand stitches.
- Introduction to the sewing machine, its various parts, and functions along with other sewing aids.
- Common sewing machine problems and their solutions.
- Develop proficiency in straight and curved seams.
- Basic hand stitches – basting, hemming, back stitch, running stitch etc. with their end use.
- Basic machine seams used for stitching or finishing various parts of the garments like the plain seam, french seam, flat fell etc.
- Fabric manipulation like gathers, pleats, and tucks.
CBSE Class XI Fashion Studies Practical Syllabus
Chapter-I: Overview of Fashion
- Relating Fashion Cycle theories to contemporary fashion.
- Explaining the Pendulum swing method for fashion forecasting.
- Referencing the Historical costumes as an inspiration for Indian apparel Design.
- Use of print media as the source of information for fashion trends.
Chapter-II: Introduction to the Fibers, Dyeing, and Printing
- Identification and distinguishing between the different fibers through burning test.
- The Identification of basic weaves in fabrics.
- Identification of different printing techniques on fabric.
- Applications and end use of different textile structures.
Chapter III: Design Fundamentals
- Analysis of the relationship between form/shape and function/use and to develop sensitivity towards color, shape, and texture.
- Analysis of varied Textures in nature and human-made environment.
- Use of Balance / Symmetry, Emphasis, and Contrast in designing products and spaces.
- Conversion of verbal language into design development.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
- Develop familiarity with the machine.
- Prepare samples of seams.
- Prepare samples of seam finishes.
- To prepare samples of gathers, pleats, and tucks.
CBSE Class XI Fashion Studies Syllabus 2017- 18 Pdf – Free Download
To get the complete information without any doubts clearly, you need CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus. In the next section, you can get CBSE Class XI Syllabus of Fashion Studies. So, download the direct Pdf provided below. And check whether there any changes when compared to Fashion Studies CBSE Net Syllabus 2016.
So, don’t forget to download CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus.
“Friends, as of now we’re signing out. Tomorrow Come Again to our website for more CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 of all subjects.”