CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus dispatched by Central Board of Secondary Education. Inter 1st year students can download CBSE English Elective Syllabus for Class 11 Pdf file. Know CBSE English Elective Class 11 Syllabus Structure. Also, know about the chapter wise contents of 11th Class CBSE English Elective Syllabus.
CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2017 | Class 11 CBSE English Elective Syllabus
Hello friends, Welcome to our web page. Are you an Inter 1st year student of the academic year 2017- 18 and browsing for many websites to know about the English Elective Class 11 CBSE Syllabus. For those students, recently Central Board of Secondary Education has come up with the updated CBSE Syllabus for Class11 English Elective. We suggest the CBSE Syllabus searchers can download the Pdf file of 11th Class English Elective CBSE Syllabus in our article and also @ cbseacademic.in.
CBSE English Elective Class 11 Syllabus | Course Structure of English Elective @ cbseacademic.in
This section completely consists of the Course Structure and also the contents and also their sub-topics with an explanation of each topic. So, know about all the details of CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus in the below sections of our article.
Section A – English Elective CBSE Class 11 Syllabus
- Reading an unseen passage and a poem
- Very Short and Short answer Questions: Literary or discursive passage of about 900- 950 words.
- Short Answer Questions: A poem of about 20- 24 lines to test interpretation and appreciation.
Section B | cbseacademic.in Class 11 English Elective Syllabus
- Creative Reading Skills
- Long Answer Question: An essay on argumentative/ discursive/ reflective/ descriptive topic.
- Very long answer question: A composition such as an article/ a report and a speech.
Section C | Class 11 English Elective CBSE Syllabus
- Literature Text Books
- Woven Words
- Very Short and Long Answer Questions: To test the comprehension, literary appreciation and drawing inferences in poetry and prose.
- Arms and the Man – (Drama)
- Long Answer Questions: To test the evaluation of characters, events and also episodes.
- Short Answer and Long Answer Questions: To test analysis of characters, events, episodes and interpersonal relationships and understanding of content, events, and episodes.
- Presentation of a book review or else a play or a short story or a novel/ novella to be followed by a question- answer session.
- Poetry reading to be followed by interpretative tasks based on the close reading and literary analysis of the text.
- A critical review of a film or a play.
- Conducting a theater workshop to follow with a discussion.
- Woven Words
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2017
- Text Book: Woven words published by NCERT.
- Fiction: The Old Man and the Sea (Novel unabridged) by Ernest Hemingway
- Drama: Arms and the Man by George Bernard Shaw.
Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 English Elective Pdf
Students of the Intermediate 2nd year of the Education year 2017- 2018 who want English Elective CBSE Class 11 Syllabus can download the Pdf in the below section of our article and also at the official web page of Central Board of Secondary Education. Therefore we are providing the steps to download the CBSE Class 11th English Elective Syllabus Pdf.
Steps to download CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 English Elective
- First of all, open the official website of CBSE to download the English Elective Class 11 CBSE Syllabus.
- Then open the Curriculum/ Syllabus tab and search for the related CBSE Subject Syllabus.
- And you can able to see the Senior School Curriculum 2017- 18 with 15- 20 CBSE Syllabus Class 11 and Class 12 links.
- Open English Link and you can find the download button on the top of the Pdf file.
- Finally, click on the CBSE English Elective Class 11 Syllabus to know the syllabus and make a schedule for your preparation.
“Guys!!!! Thank you for visiting our web page and keep viewing for more interesting and upcoming updates about CBSE Class 11 Syllabus.”