Kendriya Vidyalaya Syllabus for Class 11 Computer Science updated for 2017. Students of all CBSE Schools can download CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus and start preparing for Computer Science Exam. Along with Computer Science Syllabus for Class 11 CBSE, we have also provided Theoretical and Practical Exam Weightage.
Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus Pdf 2017- 18
In this article, you will know the complete syllabus for CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus. Also, view the Chapter Wise Marks, Topics, and Sub – Topics in Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus 2017. Students who prepare all the topics in Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus can perform well in CBSE Exam. So, download CBSE Syllabus Computer Science Class 11 and begin exam preparation to gain the maximum marks.
CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus @ cbseacademic.in
|3.||Introduction to C++||14|
|4.||Programming in C++||34|
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Computer Science – 1. Computer Fundamentals
- Classification of computers: Basics of computer and its operation, Functional Components and their interconnections, concept of Booting.
- Operating System: Functions of Operating System, Need for Operating System, Memory Management, Types of Operating System-Interactive, File Management and Device Management, Real Time and Distributed, Time Sharing, Mobile OS – Android, Symbian, IOS.
- Software concepts: Types of Software – Utility Software, System Software, & Application Software.
- Open Source Concepts: Open Source Software, Shareware, Freeware, and Proprietary Software.
- Application Software: Domain Specific Tools, Presentation Tool, Database Management System, Payroll System, and Financial Accounting.
- Number System: Hexadecimal, Binary, Decimal, Octal, and their conversions.
- Primary Memory: Cache, RAM, and ROM.
- Input Output Ports/ Connections: Serial, Firewire, Parallel and Universal Serial Bus, Infrared port, PS-2 port, and Bluetooth.
Computer Science Class 11 Syllabus 2017 – 2.Programming Methodology
- General Concepts: Modular Approach, Running and Debugging programs, Clarity, and Simplicity of Expressions, Syntax Errors, Use of proper names for Identifiers, Comments, Indentation, Logical Errors, Documentation and Program Maintenance, and Run-Time Errors.
- Problem Solving Methodologies: Identification of arithmetic and logical operations required for the solution, step by step solution for the problem, Understanding of the problem, Solution for the Problem, Writing code to optimizing execution time and memory storage.
- Problem Solving: Algorithms, Flowcharts.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Computer Science – 3. Introduction to C++
- Data Types, Variables and Constants:
- Built-in Datatypes: char, int, float, and double.
- Constants: String Constants, Floating-Point Constants.
- Access modifier
- Type modifier: signed, unsigned, long.
- C++ Topics: C++ character set, C++ Tokens (Identifiers, Keywords, Constants, Operators), Structure of a C++ Program (include files, main function),Use of editor, Header files, Error Messages, use of I/O operators (<>), Cascading of I/O operators, compilation, basic commands of editor, compilation, linking and execution.
- Operator and Expressions: Operators: Arithmetic operators, Assignment operator, Unary operators (-), Increment (++) and Decrement (–) Operators, Logical Operators (!,&&,||), Relational operator (>,>=,<=,=,!=), Conditional Operator, Automatic type conversion in expressions, and Precedence of Operators,
Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus CBSE – 4. Programming in C++
- Conditional statements
- If else, Nested if, use of the conditional operator.
- Loops – For loop, While loop, Do – While loop, and Nested loops.
- User-defined functions: Defining a function, Invoking/calling a function, passing arguments to the function, default argument, constant argument, specifying argument data types, Call by value, Call by reference, Returning values from a function, calling functions, Scope rules of variables: Local & Global variables. Relating to Parameters and return type concepts in built-in functions
- Arrays: Introduction to Array, Types of Arrays, and its advantages.
- The One Dimensional Array: Declaration/ Initialization of One-dimensional array, Accessing array elements, and Accepting array elements, Manipulation of array elements (Sum of elements, product of elements, Average of elements, Finding max/ min value) Declaration / Initialization of a String, Linear search, String manipulations (Consonants/ Digits/ Special characters, Counting Vowels, Case conversion, Reversing each word of a string).
- Two-dimensional Array: Declaration/initialization of a two-dimensional array, accessing array elements, inputting array elements, manipulation of Array elements (sum of row elements, column elements, diagonal elements, finding maximum/minimum values).
- Structures: Defining a Structure, accessing structure elements, passing a structure to functions as value and reference, declaring structure variables, argument/parameter. Function returning structure, the array of structure, passing an array of structure as an argument.
Class 11 CBSE Computer Science Practical Exam Pattern
|1.||Programming in C++||10|
- CBSE Syllabus Class 11 Computer Science Practical Test consists of different sections.
- Each section carries different weightage.
- The total marks for CBSE 11th Class Practical Exam will be for 30 Marks.
Download Syllabus of Class 11 Computer Science
Here, we have provided CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus for free of cost. On this page, we have updated direct links for KVS Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus. So, students can download Computer Science Syllabus and start preparing for CBSE Board Exam. Candidates who want to know latest updates can keep in touch with us.