CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus recently uploaded. Know the CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Practical Syllabus along with Syllabus Structure. Also, Class 11 CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus available in Pdf Format. Download cbseacademic.in Biotechnology 11th Class Syllabus Pdf.
CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus 2017 | Biotechnology Class 11 Syllabus
Hi, buddies!!! Do you know one thing? Oops!! You don’t know yet? Don’t worry; the news is for the Just now entered Intermediate 1st Year students, i.e., the academic year of 2017- 18. A new page and Pdf file recently attached to Central Board of Secondary Education official web page. The attached file and page is nothing but Biotechnology Class 11 CBSE Syllabus. That means you can download CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus for Class 11 Pdf in the following sections of our article and also @ cbseacademic.in.
CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus for Class 11 | Syllabus Structure of Biotechnology @ cbseacademic.in
|Units||List of Contents||No. of Marks in the exam|
|Part A: Biotechnology Units and its Contents|
|1st Unit||Biotechnology: An Overview||5|
|2nd Unit||Molecules of life||20|
|3rd Unit||Genetics and Molecular Biology||20|
|4th Unit||Cells and Organisms||25|
|Part B: Practicals||30|
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biotechnology – Units and Contents (Part A)
The current section of our web page contains the necessary information of CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus, means it consists of units and the contents covered in that units along with CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Practical Syllabus briefly in the following sections.
Unit I- Biotechnology: An Overview | Class 11 Biotechnology CBSE Syllabus
- Chapter 1: Biotechnology- An Overview
- Historical perspectives, Technology, Applications of Biotechnology, building blocks of Biotechnology, the Global market of Biotech, products, Public Perception of Biotechnology, Biotechnology in India and finally Global trends.
Unit II- Molecules of Life | Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE Biotechnology
- Chapter 1: Biomolecules: Building Blocks
- Building blocks of Carbohydrates- sugars and their derivatives, building blocks of Proteins- Amino acids, building blocks of lipids- Simple Fatty Acids, Sphingosine, glycerol & cholesterol and finally the building blocks of Nucleic Acids- Nucleotides, biochemical transformations.
- Chapter 2: Macromolecules: Structure and Function
- Carbohydrates- The energy givers, Proteins- The performers, Enzymes- The catalysts and the final one is Biomembranes- The Barriers, Nuclear acids- The managers.
Unit III: Genetics and Molecular Biology | 11th Class CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus
- Chapter 1: Concepts of Genetics
- Historical Perspective, Multiple Alleles, Linkage and crossing over, Genetic mapping, Gene Interaction, sex- linked Inheritance, Extranuclear Inheritance, quantitative inheritance and also the Genes at the Population level.
- Chapter 2: Genes and Genomes: Structure and Functions
- The discovery of DNA as Genetic Material, DNA Replication, the fine structure of genes, from Gene to protein, Transcription- the basic process, genetic code, translation, regulation of Gene Expressions, Mutations, DNA Repair, Human Genetic Disorders, Genome Organization.
Unit IV: Cells and Organisms | CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus 2017- 18
- Chapter 1: The Basic Unit of Life
- Cell structure and its components, Tissues and Organs, stem cells, Biodiversity, Organization of life.
- Chapter 2: Cell Growth and Development
- Cell division, cell cycle, and communication, Nutrition, Gaseous Exchange, Internal transport, maintaining the internal Environment, reproduction in Vitro Fertilization, Animal and Plant Development, Immune response in animals, programmed cell death, a Defense Mechanism in Plants.
CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Practical Syllabus 2017 ( Part B)
- Recording Practical results and safety rules in the laboratory.
- Preparation of buffers and pH determination.
- Sterilization techniques.
- Preparation of bacterial growth medium.
- Determination of bacterial growth curve.
- Cell counting
- Isolation of milk protein (casein)
- Estimation of whey protein by biuret method.
- Assaying the enzyme acid phosphate.
- Estimation of the blood glucose by enzymatic & glucometer method.
- Study of various stages of mitosis and calculation of the mitotic index.
- Preparation of karyotype.
The about topics mentioned in the stepwise format is mandatory for all the Intermediate 1st Year Students of 2017- 18 Educational year. In the immediate next section, we are also providing the Scheme of Evaluation for Biotechnology Practicals, i.e., Part B in CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus.
cbseacademic.in Class 11 Biotechnology Practicals Scheme of Evaluation
The scheme of evaluation for Class 11 Biotechnology Practical Syllabus 2017- 18 based on the following three points.
- Two experiments: 20 marks
- Viva on the experiment: 5 marks
- Practical Record: 5 marks
Hence the total marks awarded for CBSE Biotechnology Practicals 2017 – 30 marks.
Download cbseacademic.in Biotechnology Class 11 Syllabus Pdf File
Not only just the written information about the CBSE Syllabus Class 11 Biotechnology but also providing the Pdf file for CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus. Download Biotechnology XI Class CBSE Syllabus Pdf for better understanding about the Central Board of Secondary Education Biotechnology Syllabus.
“Finally, we suggest you download the Pdf of CBSE 11th Class Biotechnology Syllabus and make a preparation plan for the year starting itself, then only you can get better marks in 11th Standard 2017- 18 exams.”