CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus dispatched now. Know the CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology Course Structure along with its Units and Contents. CBSE Biology Syllabus Class 11 Pdf available. Download cbseacademic.in Biology Syllabus Pdf. Also, know CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus.
CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2017- 18 | CBSE Biology Syllabus
Did you completed your Tenth Examination with good marks and just now joined in the Intermediate 1st year and Are you willing to know about the CBSE Biology Syllabus for Class 11? For those students recently, Central Board of Secondary Education updated the Biology CBSE Syllabus Class 11 of the academic year 2K17- 18. Then what are you thinking? Open cbseacademic.in and download the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for Biology.
CBSE Biology Syllabus for Class 11 | Course Structure of Biology – cbseacademic.in
|Units||Title and Contents||No. of Marks|
|1||Diversity of Living Organisms||07|
|2||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals||12|
|3||Cell: Structure and Functions||15|
Units and Contents of CBSE Biology Syllabus for Class 11
Here in the present section of our web page, we are going to give the information about the Units and their topics that come under the Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE Biology in an understandable manner. Then know about all the Units of CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus in the following sections.
Unit 1: Diversity of Living Organisms | CBSE Biology Syllabus
- Chapter 1: The Living World
- What is living? Biodiversity; Need for classification; three domains of life; taxonomy and systematics; the concept of species and taxonomical hierarchy; Binomial nomenclature; Tools for the study of taxonomy- museums, zoological parks, herbaria, botanical gardens.
- Chapter 2: Biological Classification
- Five Kingdom Classification; Salient features and classification of Monera, Protista, and Fungi into major groups: Lichens, Viruses, and Viroids.
- Chapter 3: Plant Kingdom
- Salient features and classification of plants into major groups- Algae, Bryophyta, a pteridophyte, Gymnospermae, Angiospermae; Angiosperms- classification up to class, characteristic features, and examples.
- Chapter 4: Animal Kingdom
- Salient features and classification of animals non- chordates up to phyla level and chordates up to class level
- ( No live animals or species are displayed)
Unit II: Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants – CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2k17- 18
- Chapter 5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Morphology and its modifications: Tissues
- Chapter 6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Anatomy and functions of different parts of flowering plants: Root, stem, leaf, inflorescence, flower, fruit and seed.
- Chapter 7: Structural Organisation in Animals
- Animal Tissues: Morphology, anatomy, and functions of different systems(digestive, circulatory, respiratory and reproductive) of an insect.
Unit III: Cell – Structure and Function | CBSE Biology Class 11 Syllabus
- Chapter 8: Cell- The Unit of Life
- Cell theory and cell as the basic unit of life; Structure of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, Plant cells and animal cells; cell envelope and cell membrane, cell wall, cell organelles- structure and functions; endomembrane system, Golgi bodies and lysosomes, vacuoles; mitochondria, ribosomes, plastids, microbodies; cyytoskeleton.cilia and flagella. Centrioles; nucleus and nuclear membrane.
- Chapter 9: Biomolecules
- Chemical constituents of living cells: biomolecule, structure, and function of proteins, carbohydrate, lipids, nuclear acids and also enzymes, types, properties and also the enzyme action.
- Chapter 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Cell cycle, mitosis, meiosis and their significance.
Unit IV: Plant Physiology | Biology CBSE Syllabus of Class 11
- Chapter 11: Transport in Plants
- Movement of water, gases and also the nutrients; cell to cell transport, Diffusion, facilitated diffusion, active transport; Plant- water relations, water potential, osmosis; plasmolysis; long-distance transport of water- Absorption, apoplast, symplast, transpiration pull, root pressure and guttation; transportation, opening and closing of stomata; diffusion of gases.
- Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition
- Essential minerals, macro and micronutrients and their role; Deficiency symptoms; mineral toxicity, elementary idea of Hydroponics as a method of study mineral nutrition; Nitrogen metabolism, nitrogen cycle, biological nitrogen fixation.
- Chapter 13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- Photosynthesis as a mean of autotrophic nutrition; site of photosynthesis; pigments involved in photosynthesis; Photochemical and biosynthetic phases of photosynthesis; Cyclic and non-cyclic photophosphorylation; Chemiosmotic hypothesis; Photorespiration; pathways; factors affecting photosynthesis.
- Chapter 14: Respiration in Plants
- Exchange of Gases; Cellular respiration- glycolysis, fermentation, TCA Cycle and Electron transport system; Energy relations- the number of ATP molecules generated; Amphibolic pathways; Respiratory quotient.
- Chapter- 15: Plant – Growth and Development
- Seed Germination; phases of plant growth & plant growth rate; Conditions of growth; Differentiation, dedifferentiation and redifferentiation; Sequence of the developmental process in a plant cell; Growth regulators- auxin, gibberellin; cytokinin, ethylene, ABA; Seed dormancy; Vernalisation.
Unit V: Human Physiology | Syllabus for Biology Class 11 CBSE
- Chapter 16: Digestion and Absorption
- Alimentary canal and digestive glands, the role of digestive enzymes and gastrointestinal hormones; Peristalsis, digestion, and absorption of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; calorific values of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; egestion; nutritional and digestive disorders.
- Chapter 17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- Respiratory organs in animals; Respiratory system in humans; Mechanism of breathing and its regulation in humans- exchange and transport of gasses, regulation of respiration; disorders related to respiration- asthma, emphysema, occupational respiratory disorders.
- Chapter 18: Body Fluids and Circulation
- A composition of blood, blood groups, coagulation of blood; human circulatory system- Structure of Human Heart and Blood vessels; cardiac cycle, cardiac output, ECG,; Double circulation; Regulation of cardiac activity; Disorders of circulatory system- hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart failure.
- Chapter 19: Excretory products and their Elimination
- Modes of excretion- ammonotelism, ureotelism; human excretory system- structure and function; urine formation, osmoregulation; regulation of kidney function; the role of other organisms in excretion; disorders- uraemia, renal failure, renal calculi, nephritis; dialysis and artificial kidney.
Chapter 20: Locomotion and Movement
- Types of Movement- ciliary, flagellar, muscular; skeletal muscle- contractile proteins and muscle contraction; Skeletal system and its functions; joints; disorders of the muscular and skeletal system, arthritis, osteoporosis, and gout.
- Chapter 21: Neural Control and Coordination
- Neurons and also nerves; Nervous system in Humans- central nervous system; peripheral nervous system; Generation and conduction of nerve impulse; Reflex action; sensory perception; sense organs; elementary structure and functions of eye and ear.
- Chapter 22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
- Endocrine glands and hormones; Human endocrine system- hypothalamus, pituitary glands, pineal, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pancreas, gonads; mechanism of hormone action; the role of hormones as messengers and regulators, hypo and hyperactivity related disorders; dwarfism; goiter, diabetes, and Addison’s disease.
All the Units as mentioned earlier and their Chapters comes under the First part of Biology Subject belongs to CBSE 11th Class Biology Syllabus.
Practicals in Biology Class 11 CBSE Syllabus
Practicals Section of Biology 11th Class begins next to the First Part of CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus, where the marks weightage is 30 marks in the Intermediate Examination. There are few experiments from the Units mentioned above of CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus. The experiments list is given in the tabular form for the easy understanding.
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus – List of Experiments @ cbseacademic.in
|S. No||Name of the Experiment||No. of Marks|
|1||One Major Experiment Part A(Expt- No. 1,3,7,8)||5|
|2||One Minor experiment Part A(Expt No. 6,7,9,10,11,12,13)||4|
|3||Slide Preparation Part A(Expt No: 2,4,5)||5|
|4||Spotting Part B||7|
|5||Practical Record+ Viva Voce||4|
Download Class 11 CBSE Biology Syllabus – Free Pdf Download
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus 2017 along with Class 11 Biology CBSE Syllabus with Unit and Chapters of their units detailed information available in Pdf Format, giving by Central Board of Secondary Education. In our web page, in the below section we are providing the Pdf Link for the convenient searching of students. Download the CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus Pdf file.
“All the Best and Prepare well for the CBSE Class 11th Biology Exam with this updated Syllabus. Keep visiting our website, as we’ll come with day to day updates.”