CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus updated for 2017-18. CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus available. Download Syllabus of Social Science for Class 10 SA 1. Along with the Class X Social Science Syllabus, know the Chapter Wise Marks. Refer below sections for the cbseacademic.in syllabus.
NCERT Social Science Syllabus SA – I & SA – II
Are you studying Class X? Then, you need to know CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus. Central Board of Secondary Education recently updated CBSE Social Science Syllabus. Candidates can get Syllabus of Class 10 Social Science in a Pdf format and for free of cost. So, all the students who are appearing for Board Exams can download CBSE Class 10 Syllabus from here.
Are you students searching for CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science sa2? If yes you reached a right place. In this section especially for the sake of students, we have updated CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science 2018-19 Pdf from the official site. So interested and willing students can download Class 10 CBSE Social Science Syllabus pdf and start your exam preparation. With the help of provided CBSE Social Science Class 10 Syllabus, you can know exact topics. Go insight so that you can get CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science in Hindi pdf link.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus @ cbseacademic.in
|Units||Name of the Unit||Term I||Term II|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – II||23||23|
|II||Contemporary India – II||23||23|
|III||Democratic Politics II||22||22|
|IV||Understanding Economic Development||22||22|
|V||Disaster Management-only through project work and assignments.||–||–|
SA 2 Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science – 1.India and the Contemporary World – II
- India and the Contemporary World-II – In Sub-unit 1.1 you are required to choose any two themes. In that sub-unit, theme 3 is compulsory and for the second theme, you are required to choose any one from the first two themes. In Sub Units 1.2 and 1.3 you are required to choose any one theme from each. Thus, you are required to study four themes in all.
Sub-unit 1.2: Livelihoods, Economies, and Societies
Any one of the following themes:
- The making of Global World: Contrast between the form of industrialization in Britain and India. The livelihood of workers. Case studies: Britain and India. The relationship between handicrafts and industrial production, formal and informal sectors.
- The Age of Industrialisation: Merchants, middle classes, workers and urban poor. Patterns of urbanization. Social change and urban life. Migration and the growth of towns.
- Work, Life, and Leisure: Shifts after the 1950s. Implications of globalization for livelihood patterns. Implications of globalization for livelihood patterns. Expansion and integration of the world market in the nineteenth and early twentieth century.
Sub-unit 1.3: Everyday Life, Culture, and Politics
- Print Culture and the Modern World: Relationship between print culture, public debate, and politics. The growth of press in nineteenth-century India. The history of print in Europe.
- Novels, Society, and History: A study of two or three major writers. Early novels in nineteenth century India. The relationship between the novel and changes in modern society. The emergence of the novel as a genre in the west.
Sub-unit 1.1: Events and processes:
- Nationalism in India: Activities of different political groups. Movements of peasants, workers, tribals. Salt Satyagraha. First world war, Khilafat, Non-Cooperation and Civil Disobedience Movement.
- The Nationalist Movement in Indo – China: America and the second Indo-China war. The second world war and the liberation struggle. The ideas of Phan Dinh Phung, Phan Boi Chau, Nguyen Ac Quoc. Phases of struggle against the French. French colonialism in Indo-China. Factors Leading to Growth of Nationalism in India.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science – 2.Contemporary India – II
- Agriculture: Types of farming, major crops, cropping pattern, technological and institutional reforms, their impact, the contribution of Agriculture to the national economy – employment and output.
- Water Resources: Sources, distribution, utilization, multi-purpose projects, water scarcity, need for conservation and management, rainwater harvesting.
- Forest and Wild Life Resources: Types and distribution, depletion of flora and fauna, conservation and protection of forest and wildlife.
- Resources and Development: Types – natural and human, Need for resource planning, natural resources, land as a resource, soil types, and distribution, changing a land-use pattern, land degradation, and conservation measures.
- Manufacturing Industries: Types, spatial distribution, the contribution of industries to the national economy, industrial pollution and degradation of the environment, measures to control degradation.
- Minerals and Energy Resources: Types of minerals, distribution, use and economic importance of minerals, conservation, types of power resources: conventional and nonconventional, distribution and utilization, and conservation.
Class 10 Social Science Syllabus – Democratic Politics II
- 1 & 2. Power Sharing & Federalism: Why and how is power shared in democracies? How has the federal division of power in India helped national unity? To what extent has decentralization achieved this objective? How does democracy accommodate different social groups?
- 3 & 4. Democracy and Diversity & Gender Religion and Caste: Are divisions inherent to the working of democracy? What has been the effect of caste on politics and of politics on caste? How has the gender division shaped politics? How do communal divisions affect democracy?
- 5 & 6. Popular Struggles and Movements & Political Parties: What role do political parties play in competition and contestation? How do struggles shape democracy in favor of ordinary people? Why have social movements come to occupy a large role in politics?
- 7.Outcomes of Democracy: Does democracy in India meet these expectations? Can or should democracy be judged by its outcomes? What outcomes can one reasonably expect of democracies? Has democracy led to development, security, and dignity for the people? What sustains democracy in India?
- 8.Challenges to Democracy: Is the idea of democracy shrinking? What are the major challenges to democracy in India? How can democracy be reformed and deepened? What role can an ordinary citizen play in deepening democracy?
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science 2017 -18 – 4.Understanding Economic Development
- Development: The need for health and educational development. The traditional notion of development. Human Development Indicators. National Income and Per-capita Income.
- Sectors of the Indian Economy: Sectors of Economic Activities. Division of SectorsOrganised and Unorganised. Historical change in sectors. Protective measures for unorganized sector workers.
- Consumer Rights: Rise of consumer awareness. How consumer is exploited factors causing exploitation of consumers. how a consumer should be in a market. The role of government in consumer protection.
- Globalization and the Indian Economy: What is Globalisation? Different perspectives on globalization and its impact on different sectors. Political Impact of globalization. How India is being globalized and why? Economic Reforms 1991.
- Money and Credit: Role of money in an economy: Historical origin, Formal and Informal financial institutions for Savings and Credit – General Introduction, Select one formal institution such as a nationalized commercial bank and a few informal institutions, Local money lenders, landlords, self-help groups, chit funds and private finance companies.
Class 10 Social Science Syllabus SA 2 – Disaster Management-only through project work and assignments.
- Sharing Responsibility
- Alternate Communication systems during disasters.
- Survival Skills.
- Safer Construction Practices.
Social Science Class 10 Syllabus – Prescribed Books
- Together Towards a Safer India – Part III, a textbook on Disaster Management -Published by CBSE.
- Understanding Economic Development – Published by NCERT.
- Democratic Politics II (Political Science) – Published by NCERT.
- Contemporary India II (Geography) – Published by NCERT.
- India and the Contemporary World-II (History) – Published by NCERT.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2017
Many students who are in Class 10 are searching for CBSE Syllabus on various website. So, for the sake of those candidates, we have provided CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus on this website. Also, we have updated the direct links for Social Science Class 10 Syllabus. So, download Central Board of Secondary Education Class 10 Syllabus and start exam preparation as soon as possible.
Direct Link: CBSE Social Science Syllabus for Class 10