CBSE Class 10 Carnatic Music Syllabus for the academic session 2017-18 available. Download CBSE Syllabus of Class 10 Carnatic Music – Vocal, Percussion, and Melodic Instrument. The provided CBSE Syllabus for Class X Carnatic Music consists of Couse Structure, detailed contents, etc. Also, you can know Marking Scheme from CBSE Board Class 10 Syllabus of Carnatic Music. Students can get Carnatic Music Syllabus of 10 Class CBSE with the help of free download link given at the end of this article.
CBSE Class 10 Carnatic Music Syllabus
Central Board of Secondary Education Class 10 Carnatic Music Syllabus uploaded for free download. All CBSE Class 10 students learning Carnatic Music can download the theory and practical syllabus from here. On this page, we are providing Carnatic Music Syllabus for Vocal, Percussion, Melodic Instrument. Students can get this Carnatic Music Syllabus in Pdf format. With the help of CBSE Board Class 10 Syllabus for Carnatic Music, students can get a clear idea of the contents that they are going to learn during the academic year 2017-18. Check the below section for CBSE Syllabus Class X Carnatic Music (Vocal, Percussion, Melodic Instrument).
Class 10 CBSE Carnatic Music Syllabus
|Carnatic Music Syllabus of Class 10 CBSE|
|Board||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Class||Class X/ 10th Class|
|CBSE Portal/ CBSE Website||cbse.nic.in|
Class 10 CBSE Syllabus for Carnatic Music Vocal (Theory)
- Brief knowledge of Raga classification.
- Knowledge of Ragas Prescribed – Suddha Dhanyasi, Sriranjani, Suddha Saveri,
Bhairavi Keeravani, Kambhoji, Ananda Bhairavi.
- Brief knowledge of scheme of 72 Melakarta.
- Detailed knowledge of Kriti with explanation of the decorative angas, Varnams – Tana
Varnam & Pada Varnam.
- Rudiments of notation & writings of notations of Varnamas and Geetams.
- Life & contribution of the following 20th Century Composers :
- Lalgudi Jayaraman.
- G.N. Balasubramaniam.
- Balamurali Krishna.
- Papanasam Sivan.
- Kotisvara Iyer.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus – Carnatic Music Vocal (Practical)
- Rendering of taught Varnams (at least four) in two degrees of speed.
- Singing of Alankaras & Svaravalis in a Raga other than Mayamalavagaula.
- Eght Kritis in total using Adi tala, Rupaka and Chapu Tala and at lest one in slow
tempo Adi tala.
- Singing Svarakalapana in 1st speed for the compositions taught in Mohanam,
Hamsadhvani, Kharaharapriya, Sankarabharanam, Suddha Saveri, Kalyani and
- Svarajnanam test based on the prescribed ragas and taught compositions.
- At least one Devarnama, Bhajan, Tiruppugazh, Patriotic song and one folk song.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 – Melodic Instrument (Theory)
- Raga lakshanas of Suddha Saveri, Sriranjani, Kambhoji, Abhogi, Nata, Hindolam
and Hari Kambhoji.
- Raga classification in General.
- Writing notations of Adi tala Varna in 2 speeds and Kirtanas set in Adi and
- Detailed knowledge of musical forms Kriti, Kirtana, Jatisvaram and Varnam.
- An outline knowledge of 72 Melakartas.
CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 10 – Melodic Instrument (Practical)
- Reciting the Sahitya of the compositions learnt.
- Tuning of the instrument opted for.
- Explanation of the details of ragas prescribed.
- At-least one Jatisvaram and one Svarajati.
- Six Keertanas in the prescribed ragas – Sriranjani, Suddha Saveri, kambhoji,
Abhogi, Nata, Hindolam and Harikambhoji.
- Four Adi tala Varnam in two speeds.
Carnatic Music – Percussion (Theory) Syllabus for Class 10 CBSE
- Playing techniques adopted for Sapta tala alankaras in three speeds.
- Knowledge about the structure and components of the instruments opted for.
- Basic knowledge of Jaati and Gati Bhedas or Variations.
- 16 Angas of Talas, Korvai, Koraippu etc.
- A brief outline of different schools of playing Mridangam.
- Life sketch and contribution of
- Plani Subramania Pillai.
- Palghat Mani Iyer.
- A short outline knowledge of principles of practical performance.
Syllabus of Carnatic Music – Percussion (Practical) Class 10 CBSE
- To prepare and play Sollukattu for Adi, Rupaka, Triputa and Khanda Chapu talas.
- Knowledge of tuning Mridangam.
- Accompaniment for musical form like Varnam, Kriti, jatiswaram, Padam and
- Play “Tani Avartanam” for at-least 6 to 8 avartanas in simple talas.
- Knowledge to prepare Mohra and Morvai in Adi, Rupaka, Chapu and Triputa talas.
CBSE new Syllabus for Class 10 – Carnatic Music
Recently, Central Board of Secondary Education has done some changes in Class 10 Carnatic Music Syllabus. Changes mean CBSE has added or removed some topics. Students can check out the latest changes in Carnatic Music Syllabus of 10 Class CBSE from here. Students can prepare for the board exams as per the updated CBSE Syllabus for 10th Carnatic Music to score good marks. If you miss any topic, there may be the chance of losing marks. So, don’t leave any topic. Plan a good schedule and cover all the contents.
Students browsing for CBSE Class 10 Carnatic Music Syllabus, need not go anywhere. The complete Carnatic Music CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018 available on this single page. You can download Syllabus of Class 10 CBSE Carnatic Music from the below-stated links.
Learn all the topics in CBSE Class 10 Carnatic Music Syllabus and score well in Board Exams. Interested students can stick on to CBSE Guide, to know more changes and modifications in CBSE Syllabus for 2017-18.